New addition to Stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to Stable

I just picked up a 2000 Concours one owner bike from a delaer i get alot of stuff from here. 30K 6 spd water cooled shaft drive i l.ove it. they flushed cooling sytem, c hanged oil, final drive oil, and we went through 3 stes of tires to find a set that i liked at no cost to me great bunch of guys. all for 2400$ and now if i get this to work lol some pics.http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...oncours003.jpg
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...oncours002.jpg
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...oncours001.jpg
    79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
    80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
    06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
    2000 Concours
    84 Kawi KLR600
    79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
    79 XR250
    Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
    John

Whoa!

That is VERY cool!

Keep us posted on how it handles...
    Last edited by Wildkat; 06-02-2009, 04:41 AM.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

How she handles

Hey kat all i can say is im very happy i set the valves lol took longer to get plastic off no Shims involved nice old tappet setup. i have power to run about anything i like now. Brakes are great been in Triple digits a few times already LOL just to make sure it was ok .This will see alot of miles and Give the 79 Special a nice breather now i can do all teh paint work and not worry about having to rush engine is all back together now. Bike will be Dupont BC Black with Rasberry red Microflake pearl whould be Purdy. anyone looking for a good Sport Touring Bike i reccomend a Concours.
      Johyn
      79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
      80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
      06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
      2000 Concours
      84 Kawi KLR600
      79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
      79 XR250
      Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
      John

Comment

Absolutely...

You're right about that... they ARE great touring bikes. I've got a couple of friends who have '08's. Amazing fast, and smooth. Handling is unbelievable.

Your's appears to be carbed, isn't it? They've made a lot of changes.

Great looking bike, and the price was right, too! Congrats!
        Regards,
        Bob
        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
        X