bank issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank issues

My Mom went to deposit money into my checking account because i have been busy looking for an apartment.She then had to get a bank money order for that amount.The Woman at the bank gave her a hard time and said that the check has got to clear first before they can do a money order.My Mom then went to the bank manager and told her that she needed the money order that day and if the check cant clear then she would go elsewhere.The bank manager told the teller to do the money order and left for lunch.The woman then told my Mom to write out a check to the bank and then she could do the money order.She then gave my Mom a check from my account to fill out.Again she gave my Mom a hard time.Looking at the transaction online, the teller gave my Mom a check that was from an old address from 8 years ago.I told this to the bank manager and she questioned the teller about the problem.Teller was not too happy that i pointed out her mistake.She finally admitted she thought my Mom was trying to deposit an out of state check that she originally gave her.Will be switching banks after i move into my new apartment.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

That's when you say, "I need to cash this check..." Then deposit CASH into the account, and pay for the bank check with cash.

I wish I could say that I have never run into an idiot on the other side of the glass/counter handling my money. I'm sure they've thought the same of me at times though.. lol.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

When I forst started with Bank of America, they said they had to place a five day hold on my paychecks until I banked with them for a year. To that I replied: Walmart will take my check, print void on it and suck the money out of my account before the check is handed back to me. I don't even have to sign it. I will bet that you do the same to my employer, then hold the funds from me for five days so you can gather interest on that money for several days, before giving me access. So, if this is the way things are going to be, I can go to Emprise.

I have never had a problem with BoA since. The money is there when the check deposits.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

When i got paid my income tax check and had it direct deposited it into my account this woman said it has to clear-For Goodness sake it is a federal check! Told the bank manager to speak with the teller as she makes rules up when no one else is around.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

There is a reason I bank at a Federal Credit Union. All the tellers are well trained, and if one has problems, they are "trained" or "re-assigned".
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

ditto

I also use a credit union for almost everything. recent changes allow them to do morgages here in ks, so they have my house and swmbo's car. The bike, btw, is NOT financed.
            Lee aka trainzz

I am my inner child!!

I have no idea how you managed to make that connection within your brain, but I applaud whatever cellular mutation just took place.

1980 XS11 Special-"Thunder Pig"
            1980 XS11 Special-"Crazy Trainz" (project bike)
            1979 Xs1100 Standard ( parts,parts,parts)

Comment

I don't go inside the bank for anything except opening or closing an account. I get my paychecks direct deposited, so I the money is available Fiday morning, instead of waiting for a check to clear. I always get money orders from the USPS, as they are cheaper than the ones at my bank. I almost never carry cash, and always deposit any money I might have via the ATM (not the drive-up teller). I trust a computer a lot more than I trust a human. Never had any problems doing it this way.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

It has always amazed me that checks are used in the land of the plastic money...

I have had maybe two or three checks in my life and hardly ever use cash besides getting a cup of coffee. Although even that is usually easier on debit card.

Debit/credit cards are so much easier and here all the money is moved online anyway...

What's so great about these pieces of paper?
                ---
                Marko
                '81 SH

Comment

Originally posted by mn2346 View Post
                  It has always amazed me that checks are used in the land of the plastic money...

I have had maybe two or three checks in my life and hardly ever use cash besides getting a cup of coffee. Although even that is usually easier on debit card.

Debit/credit cards are so much easier and here all the money is moved online anyway...

What's so great about these pieces of paper?
                  I agree. Some people are just afraid of technology and "big brother" watching the transactions. Now most vendors take plastic, and all the banks offer debit cards with a credit card logo on them, so there is little need for paper money at all. Even paying bills can be done online, either via the bank website or the vendor's website. I try to do that as often as possible. I think the only time that cash or checks are beneficial are for person-to-person transactions or in places that don't have access to the internet for plastic transactions (like carnivals or outdoor activities like that).
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                  X