Be carefull out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be carefull out there

After not riding during winter time I decided to jump on the scooter for a ride. I did the usual checks. i.e., gas, oil, lights ,signals, and tires. I just checked the tires by hand. I went around the block a couple of times, and the bike started handling like crap. I lost the air out of my front tire. There are several sharp turns involved.
    My theory was the front tire felt like it was enough pressure but when I hit those sharp turns I lost the bread to rim seal.

So do yourself a favor and check with a gauge, not with your hand..
    Regards
    If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself..

Good advice. Can be really hard to tell by just looking or feeling them, especially with such a heavy bike.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Tires

My neighbor has a 99 Goldwing with orig tires they are hard as a rock ive been nagging him to get new ones with the same lame responce they still look good. well today he passed a truck going into a corner and the rear tire seperated , bike went hi and hit guard rail then bounced back into rd almost taking me with it. Gold wing Zero Road 1 he had surgery and is getting pinned back together i thinki maybe next time he will listen to me.
      John
      79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
      80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
      06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
      2000 Concours
      84 Kawi KLR600
      79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
      79 XR250
      Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
      John

Comment

Ouch!! I can only imagine what that's like - having a friend go down while you watch.... Especially knowing that you tried to prevent it! I hope he recovers well.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X