Having trouble uploading pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble uploading pics.

Everytime I try to upload pic of my bike the screen goes white and they never appear in my album. Any advice?

You have to really pay attention to the size of the pics you're uploading... I had a similar problem at first until I changed the file size...
    JAT

Best o' luck
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

I just put a pic as my Avatar, but I can't use the same one to put in the members photo area? The size of the pic is only 2.4MB?

Comment

2.4MB is a massive picture to put on the internet. The logo at the top of the boards is only 79KB. This picture of my bike is perhaps too big, and is 127KB.

Last edited by Fix; 05-28-2009, 03:28 PM.
        Mike C
        Lake Orion, Michigan
        '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

Hey MTaft,

There is also a 1MB or 2MB limit to the amount of photos you can put in your album, so.....you're going way over your limit in either case!!!

Your Digital Camera should have come with some software to provide editting functions. You'll want to RESIZE the photo to around 640 x 480 pixels or so, and make sure it's in JPG format, not BMP, and then you MAY even have an option to control how much compression the JPG file is put under, regular is about 75% quality or compression. You may need to experiment, using different file names for a particular image ie. bike640.jpg or such, and after saving them, then use your file explorer to examine the file to see what the actual kbytes file size is then! Most images can be created for under 100Kb in the above pixel size.
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X