New to the XS1100...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the XS1100...

Hello everyone, and thank you for this website! I live in upstate New York and recently bought a 1980 XS1100 Special that I am hoping to fix up (mostly cosmetically) and ride. It seems to have had a good home, and I'm looking forward to continuing the trend. I'll post some pictures in the near future. Thanks in advance for the help that I will probably need from the experts on this website!

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride. We love pics.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Welcome to the forum! If you've been looking around here at all, you have probably seen that there is a ton of knowledge and skill around here, all available at a moment's notice. Feel free to ask any questions you might have on your restoration journey. Chances are, someone else has already done what you are trying to do, at least once before.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Welcome to Channel 11. More knowledge here than on the rest of the net combined!! (No ... really!!) Ok maybe not, but more than I could ever keep in my brain or books. And a very friendly family atmosphere to go with it!
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Welcome, to this site! Its saved me tons of time, because it's a source of loads of great info.
          "Shop"
          Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X