Empathy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empathy???

This from Dr. Thomas Sowell…a veritable genius.

http://townhall.com/Common/PrintPage...7a53615ac8&t=c

I liked her (Sotomayor's) little comment, "The court of appeals make policies." That should be a red flag right there.
    Last edited by mstic2000; 05-27-2009, 06:36 PM.
    My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Dr Thomas Sowell is one of the great conservative thinkers of our time.He is often Quoted by other great conservatives such as Walter Williams,Rush L,Sean Hannity,and even William Buckley.He is correct 99.7% of the time.Heed his advise.
      1980 special (Phyllis)
      1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Originally posted by Elevenator View Post
        This from Dr. Thomas Sowell…a veritable genius.
        http://townhall.com/Common/PrintPage...7a53615ac8&t=c
        Yeah, right.
        here's a quote for ya:-
        "There is complete equality under the law. The poor and the wealthy are equally forbidden to sleep under bridges or to steal bread."
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The poor and the wealthy are equally forbidden to sleep under bridges....
          Really?? Well crap! There goes my backup housing plans.

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

trbig,

I'm with you there. I already had my cardboard box picked out.....
            RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Good one, Elevenator. What we need is a judge who is a rider! Who needs more empathy than the riding community? What gives the cagers the right to treat us like the bowling pins of the highway?
              We need someone who has had Teresa Texter pull a left turn out of the right lane directly in front of her/him. We need someone who has been stared hard at by some local LEO just because they were different...they were riding a motorcycle. We need someone who has empathy for our constitutional right to ride on two wheels without having to take our life in our hands to do it. In short, we need someone who can understand the angst of riding a small bike amongst the big cars and trucks, and who knows the pure joy of slicing through a curve at speed. How can anyone who has yet to experience riding properly empathize with those of us who have?
              1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Unfortunately Poprock, empathy and being able to change any of that even with legislation would be basically impossible IMHO.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

But wait! What about hope? What happened to change? Doesn't the two-wheeled community deserve it's fair share of that?
                  1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

I am starting to get the feeling we are going to get change...From "bad" to "worse".
                    RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

I am starting to get the feeling we are going to get change...From "bad" to "worse".
                      What took you so long?
                      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
                      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

The change will start with the LOCAL, ELECTED judges! We have one here that throws out every ticket the police try to give to a bicycle rider! He WILL be out next election, as I plan on spending a little money in the WELL READ local "FREE" paper to let everyone know he has to go! It isn't hard to start local, and it WILL have a positive effect on your community! Remember, the local judge CAN become the FEDERAL judge. If he is sympathetic to motorcycles, or if he rides himself, it's one more check on the good side.
                        Off the soap box, and I return you to your local right wing politics from the far left!
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG
                        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

"... empathy and being able to change any of that even with legislation would be basically impossible."
                          Which is a basic position of the Right... there is a limit to what can be legislated.
                          We have a bumper sticker that is popular here that says "Hate Free Zone." I want one that sez "Hate Free Zone? Who are the freaking Mind Police?"
                          Special Ed
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Oh, by the way Ray,

voting out errant local judges who throw out bicycle traffic tickets hardly seems like a radical Left position. Sounds like you're joining the Correct and Proper Wing to me!
                            Special Ed

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

Oh, by the way Ray,

voting out errant local judges who throw out bicycle traffic tickets hardly seems like a radical Left position. Sounds like you're joining the Correct and Proper Wing to me!
                              Special Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X