Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riders in MT

Hi all
    I am just wondering if there are any other XS riders living in Montana? Most of you seem to be everywhere but. I have seen a few 11's around but not all that many...
    Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Originally posted by t71ford View Post
    Hi all
    I am just wondering if there are any other XS riders living in Montana? Most of you seem to be everywhere but. I have seen a few 11's around but not all that many...
    You mean there are PEOPLE who live in Montana? I thought it was just bison up there!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Yeah, an' the bison don't ride bikes! Oh well, I guess that makes me one of a kind up here!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Riders in MT

Well, we all know what rider made your home known! Wish I were closer, great area for riding. Dern.............would be a day jaunt just to get there from here.........a long day.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I know of someone in North Dakota if that's close enough.
          http://www.motortopia.com/garage/bikes/BauersXS11
          http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

It seems that everywhere is a good long day from here. I am in southwest, MT. There is some really good riding here, and lots of bike owners. I have seen a few XS11's around Bozeman, but they all seem to have been relegated to owners who don't really care. All those I have seen are in poor condition. But it makes mine stand out

Comment

I'm from Bozone tho' I recently moved to Three Forks. It is kinda strange that most of the XS owners I've run across here in the last few years are indifferent to their bikes. I point them toward XS11.com but apparently they never check it out. The old mailing list and now the website are the main reasons I'm still an XSive.

Rob

Comment

Hey Rob! Thanks for answering the call. We should meet up and ride together sometime. I have had the same experience with anyone I have seen on an old XS (1100 or 650) around here. How is your bike set up?
                Tyler

Comment

Working...
                X