Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Voyage

Today after I managed to work the rest of the major bugs out of my 78 XS1100E..... I took her for a first real ride..... a little over 100 miles. Other than a little mid range stutter.... she ran smooth as silk. It's been over 15 years since my last bike and as I was riding down some long winding country roads, experiencing the views around me in a way that can only be done from the seat of a motorcycle, the memories of the first time I took a cruise on a motorcycle came rushing back. Though the scenery was drastically different...... my first riding was done along the oceanfront in Florida.....now its thru the mountains of Idaho.... the feeling was still the same. When I got back home and parked the bike...... I paused for a moment and decided to christen this new 2 wheeled wonder.... FLASHBACK.
    1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

That's so cool
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

The only name that comes to mind for my bike at the moment is the Bitch. Maybe I'll rename her after all the oil leaks are sealed and the exhaust gaskets replaced (got only 2 after ordering 12.... the store ran out of em) and after new tires are installed and the bike made legal... plates and stuff. Registration for the top class (over 750cc) is bout 500-600$ US here... and thats basic, no extra insurances, no nuttin. I definetly need to move to some place where there's no snow and cheap bike insurance. And tarmac roads... and good beer. And no MCs...
      BTW: How many of you are members of an MC?

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

To quote Groucho Marx: " I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me as a member."

Comment

MOTORCYCLE CLUB

I guess I still belong to a club. Many years ago about 30 years ago about 20 of us local kids started a club of Moto X riders and we had a track. COONRIDGE MX CLUB..... now being in a Rural Area we can get away with a name like that. We stopped having races years ago but most of us have street bikes now and we still get together every blue moon.
          wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

Working...
          X