Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys...are you secure enough in your manhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys...are you secure enough in your manhood?

Yesterday, I was at an intersection near my home here in NH. I looked over to the crossing road and saw a guy and a gal on a big bike, possibly a Harley. They were decked out in their black leathers and black helmets. Here's the thing.....it was the woman who was driving.

Now I've been on a ship with a woman Officer of the Day (OOD), in a Black Hawk Helicopter with a female pilot and on speed boats for L/E patrols with a woman operating the boat and never gave it a second thought.

But...when it comes to bikes, are you guys any more secure in your manhood than I am? I looked at my girlfriend who was with me and said, "Ain't gonna happen so don't get any ideas."

BTW, the gal running the bike was pretty good looking. Maybe that's why the guy was on there. My girlfriend thought that maybe he had a few too many drinks so she was driving.

Just wondering how you all felt about this amusing issue.

Don
    currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

You know, I've never given that any thought, I don't think it will likely ever come up as I have a hard enough time getting my wife into the passenger seat on a motorcycle much less getting her to drive. In reality, I couldn't say unless it actually came up. although, I have raised 3 girls and have made the run to the market on a Saturday afternoon because they were out of.....well you get the idea. have a nice day and ride safe
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I dont really being the passenger on any bike.But I suppose if I was single and some good lookin woman wanted to take me for a ride I would.(All in the name of the game of course.lol)
      However my reality is that swmbo will barely climb on the back of mine let alone ride one herself.
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I'd much rather ride behind a woman, than have another man ride on my bike.

I'd let my wife drive mainly because I talked her into from "not ever riding that danged thing" into wanting to go for rides.
        '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by The Lorax View Post
          although, I have raised 3 girls and have made the run to the market on a Saturday afternoon because they were out of.....well you get the idea.
          Just tell them your polishing you bike today.
          Rob
          82 XJ1100
          Stock..With a few cosmetic changes.
          Current Project..Dad's 81 1100 Special

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/RiderXJ/

Comment

I've ridden on the back of my wifes Virago before. I have no problem with it. She has a place for me to hang on to
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
              I'd much rather ride behind a woman, than have another man ride on my bike.

I'd let my wife drive mainly because I talked her into from "not ever riding that danged thing" into wanting to go for rides.
              Agreed, if anyone is going to handle my mistress it would me much more fun if it were my wife instead of another dude.
              I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
              3J6 003509
              Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
              Fuse Block Upgrade
              Mike's XS Green Coils
              Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

Originally posted by egleaves View Post
                Agreed, if anyone is going to handle my mistress it would me much more fun if it were my wife instead of another dude.

Exactly. lol

And if she wants to learn to ride, that just means I only have to ride behind her until shes comfortable enough to get her own bike.

I'd never be comfortable riding with another man
                '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

I don't thinkI would ever ride on the back of a bike if my wife were operating it. Of course she's never riden beside being a passenger. Besides that, she's only 5' even and a buck forty at best and I would be afraid that if the bike started leaning at a stop, we would definitely fall.

I have riden passenger on a friend's bike. Long story short, we were out riding and I ran out ou gas. He rode me to the nearest gas station so I could pick up a gas tank and some gas

Just recently I took my friend as a passenger on my XJ650 so we could go pick up his bike at his house. We did that to save him from having to make multiple trips with his car since my wife agreed to watch his daughter while we went out for a ride. He's had his bike in my garage for a few weeks now so we save ourselves time to make an extra trip. I do recall getting a very weird look from a truck driver at a stop light while my friend was on the back of the bike
                  '81 XS1100LH (almost ready)

Previous ride:
                  '86 VF500F
                  '82 XJ650J Maxim

"That which doesn't kill you most likely will the second time." -Eugene Krabs-

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
                    Yesterday, I was at an intersection near my home here in NH. I looked over to the crossing road and saw a guy and a gal on a big bike, possibly a Harley. They were decked out in their black leathers and black helmets. Here's the thing.....it was the woman who was driving.

Now I've been on a ship with a woman Officer of the Day (OOD), in a Black Hawk Helicopter with a female pilot and on speed boats for L/E patrols with a woman operating the boat and never gave it a second thought.

But...when it comes to bikes, are you guys any more secure in your manhood than I am? I looked at my girlfriend who was with me and said, "Ain't gonna happen so don't get any ideas."

BTW, the gal running the bike was pretty good looking. Maybe that's why the guy was on there. My girlfriend thought that maybe he had a few too many drinks so she was driving.

Just wondering how you all felt about this amusing issue.

Don
                    Hi Don,
                    back when I started riding, carrying a passenger was the norm although the pillion seat was referred to as either a tart tray or (by the older guys) a flapper bracket. I would suppose that the modern "bitch seat" is just as sexist and insulting.
                    However, usually it's the owner who rides the bike and whoever is getting the ride sits on the pillion regardless of gender.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I ride b**ch

I ride on the back sometimes, usually if we go out for a ride and only take one bike for whatever reason we'll spend half the trip with me driving and half with her driving. I don't mind, I like driving better but I know she does too. Plus I figure that she rides her own and its not out of the question that she'd take one of her friends for a ride with her. If she does I'd like her to have some practice and I'd rather her drop me then one of her friends or relatives.
                      1979 xs1100 Special -
                      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                      My Bike:
                      [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
                        I've seen it before, he gets too drunk to ride and she rides them both home. Although usually the bike goes up the street and gets locked in a friend's garage.
                        1980 XS11SG
                        Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                        Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                        ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Picky..picky...

As long as it wasn't my bike, or my wife, I'd accept the ride.
                          I wouldn't leave a guy broke down at the side of the road but I'd probably go get the tools/parts by myself so he could watch over his bike.
                          I'd be unlikely to allow any passengers unless it was an emergency or if she was REALLY HOT!.(and my friends could see me and my wife could not)
                          I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

I'm waiting for Wildcats reply.........
                            Pat Kelly
                            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Oh..Oh..

Probably on the phone with my wife
                              I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Working...
                              X