No announcement yet.

Antique License Plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very important in CT to put your +25year old bike or car into antique or antique vanity plates here or the yearly local property taxes keep going up per blue book value on a mil rate basis. The plate locks in the value of the car at $250

This statute passed in CT when all the old Bentlys, Rolls, and sports/ specialty cars became tax burdons on people. Jaguar XK value is $100k + so at 25 mils (low estimate, varys by town) you pay $2500, with the plate tax is $12.

The 78XS is going up now and I have to get a plate this year!
    1967 Bultaco Metralla 250
    RD125
    1973 CT3 175
    78 XS1100E
    80 XS850SG

Comment

"How can you tell what year a plate was made in?? Don't the stickers change every year (or every other year)? "

Aaah, youth.

In the, um, old days, you had to get a new plate every year, and they changed colors! The year the plate was issued was right in the plate itself. This sticker thing is relatively new.

Here they changed to the sticker system in the 1970's.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

"Affiant further states that the vehicle described above will travel highways of this state primarily incidental to historical or exhibition purposes only."
        It also says "highways of this state". To me that leaves quite a bit of room for interpretation.
        I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
        3J6 003509
        Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
        Fuse Block Upgrade
        Mike's XS Green Coils
        Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

You see here in florida there is a plate for everything.Every college every charity every animal etc.So I dont know if that is a factor.But I do know that there is no state inspection,you dont need a hood on your car or bumpers.It can smoke so bad that it will kill everybody behind you.So maybe the state is trying to make it up in plates... lol....

Comment

Texas has both classic and antique.
            Nubee

Comment

Speaking of antique tags, just a couple from my private collection............

Ok, ok, there not for a motorcycle, but one of them is going on the Firebird when it's done.............
              Last edited by Ken Talbot; 05-01-2009, 11:38 PM.
              http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Here in california it sucks what a bummer I was thinking of getting a personalized plate, but it's an extra $30 on top of the regular renewal fee per year I had a really good one too! dang!
                1978 XS1100E Standard
                Kerker Exhaust
                Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
                TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
                Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

Originally posted by Korr View Post
                  Here in california it sucks what a bummer I was thinking of getting a personalized plate, but it's an extra $30 on top of the regular renewal fee per year I had a really good one too! dang!
                  I think that's pretty common across the board for the personalized plates. Plenty of folks here with XS11 or something similar on a personalized bike plate. You generally pay a little extra every year to have those, so you're paying the coolness factor tax.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

Yep, I have personalized collector plates on my street/strip machine. It cost me at least an additional 30, it is up to about $95 a year for tags. It has collector plates so that it will not have to go through emissions check if they re-institute it. Although, now that it is over 25 yo, it probably would not anyway.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                    X