Stupid biker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid biker

This isn't really a joke, so I figured I'd post it outside of the JOTD thread.

My sister is a cop in the San Diego, CA area, and told me last night that she just gave 2 tickets to a motorcyclist who had been hit by a car! I asked why he would have recieved the ticket instead of the car driver. Evidently, the car pulled out of a side street and stopped quickly, but the bike didn't sweve fast enough and ended up kicking off of her front bumper, but went down anyway. Minimal damage to the bike, all cosmetic. No real injuries.

The NEXT DAY, the biker shows up at the police department to report the incident so he could get a police report to show why he was late to work that day. Turns out, he didn't have a license or insurance! So, not only did he get in trouble from his boss for being late, got his bike damaged, and crashed, but now he has $2000 in tickets he will have to pay for not having a license and insurance. He could have just given the boss a different story, or just accepted the punishment for being late, but instead, he decided he wanted to have the lady's insurance pay for his bike, and ended up turning himself in for operating without a license or insurance.

We have too many youth... How about a Fountain Of SMART??
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

LOL thats funny! I bet it was a new bike too! did she say here is your sign when she handed him the tickets?
    68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
    76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
    79 special (skull bike)
    79 special (parts bike w/title)
    79 special
    80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
    81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
    81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
    80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
    81 650 maxim
    81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
    88 Zx 600r (Sold)
    01 Gz 250

Comment

The funny part is, in CA, they MAIL your tickets to you. He doesn't even know he has tickets yet!
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Well, the insurance one will be hard to get by, but the license ticket will be a fixit ticket and if he gets a license before his court date he will not be quite as bad. But the insurance one is going to be steep!
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

The insurance one could end up costing him for YEARS!! Here in the midwestern state of Ohio, if you are caught driving without insurance it is an automatic 3 months suspension AND automatic 3 YEARS of high Risk Insurance!!!

Talk about cost, with the way rates go these days, that may cost more than the ticket or the bike!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Here in the midwestern state of Ohio, if you are caught driving without insurance it is an automatic 3 months suspension AND automatic 3 YEARS of high Risk Insurance!!!
            Been there, done that.

I used to be dumber than I am now, and back then I was in an accident with no insurance. I lost my license for a year and was required to carry the high risk insurance for 5 years. It took me 6 months just to convince the judge to let me have driving privileges to and from work (in my defense, the judge was notorious for being a pri*k).

As a result of those years of my life I:
            1) am reasonably familiar with public transportation.
            2) bought a new bicycle.
            3) will never drive uninsured again.
            Last edited by egleaves; 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM.
            I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
            3J6 003509
            Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
            Fuse Block Upgrade
            Mike's XS Green Coils
            Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

That reminds me of this kid i was told about. So i work in a shopping mall & the daughter of one of the restaurants asks me a question. She says "What is an R1" I ask why she wants to know. She tells me a friend of hers just got his M1 + Motorcycle. I go well...don't go on a ride with him if he offers, an R1 is a very very very strong bike. I tell her it's too dangerous and she says ok she won't. The kid comes in a month later and tells me her friend totaled the bike OUCH!! Let's hear some more stories!
              1978 XS1100E Standard
              Kerker Exhaust
              Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
              TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
              Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

License? What license?

I posted this elsewhere but needs to be here too.
                I began riding in 1960, at 13. I was living in a state that didn't require a motorcycle license at the time and in a very rural area where everybody was use to kids driving farm equipment on the roads and that kind'a meld into driving trucks, cars and even motorcycles.
                I was FORCED to get my m/c license in 1972 when was living in a different state that had required M/C license like forever and I got my first speeding ticket. I was an in-country Vet with a chip on my shoulder. I did not go quietly into that night but I did end up very meekly in county lock-up for 72 hours. I was informed that if I brought my M/C license to traffic court, charges would be dripped, except for fines.
                I have had my endorsement ever since.
                1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
                Braded stainless brake lines
                4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
                V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
                Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
                Vetter Windjammer III faring
                Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
                James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

I was reading this, then saw DGXSER

Realized you've posted to a 6 year old thread.
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own