DGXSER Come on down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGXSER Come on down!

YOU'RE the next contestant on the Guru's right!
    (would that be dbeardslee's right?)

Dang! the SWOXS group is taking a stand...
    lol

Congrats on your 1000th Don!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Happy 1000th, DG. I've seen you school yourself on these bikes PDQ! Congrats, you definitely deserve it!
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Lordy..you and Doug..........
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Congrats,
        At first I thought you were a fluffer
        But as time wore on I saw that you are pretty humble and with some good info.
        Glad your here
        Rick
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Don, Congrats! man you and Doug are posting machines, 6 months?! come on, I've been putzing around here for almost 4 years and I'm not quite half way there as yet. I'll keep telling myself that "the wise man listens whilest the fool chatters" yeah, that's the ticket, I guess I just don't have that much to say...type, now verbal communication, I'd have about everybody beat there, I belong to that support group for people who talk too much...it's called on and on and on seriously though, congrats on the guru status! have a nice day and ride safe
          I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Don - Congrats, brother. Sometimes I think if you type any faster your keyboard is going to burst into flames .

Matt - I used to belong to on-an-on-anon, but I quit - the meetings lasted forever!
            I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Way to go, Don! Six months? On to the next level then!

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

And to think, just a few days ago I was in a local garage with TWO almost Guru's tunning my bike. It's almost an honor! Really though, I take back the almost part. Don and Doug are great guys who know what their doing (with XS's anyway).
                I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
                3J6 003509
                Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
                Fuse Block Upgrade
                Mike's XS Green Coils
                Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

I'd like to thank my mother and father for bringing to the earth and my agent and.............ok...I will refrain from the on and on and on and onanon version!!

I would seriously thank all of the great minds who have shared their knowledge freely and frequently to protect me from me and sometimes others from me. I've said it before and it is worth repeating, this is hands down the BEST tech site of its kind anywhere I have ever seen, surfed, or joined!! I am humbled to be called a Guru compared to the many here.

I am not sure how the heck I got here in six months, I can only say that I have plenty to learn yet from many who frequent the forum, Guru status or not. Numbers are just that, kind of like age, just a number. Thanks to all for the kind words and again for the education and support to allow me to ride an AWESOME XS11 that now purrs and growls on command!
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                  X