Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Electrics Grrrrr

Happy Easter Everybody!!!

Just went to do our annual Easter Egg run down to the Kiddies ward at the hospital, everything running nice on the XS11, went to pull away with the crowd of other riders and...F!*&ing Electrics short out, Sparks flying everywhere.

Some days I hate that bloody bike!!!

Had to go home and pick up a Honda

So instead of spending the day in the pub I'm up to my neck in bits of wires, never mind I've got it running now...just!

Daw
    78 XS1100 E Hardtail Chop
    84 GPz900 A2
    85 XJ900 F - Manky Despatch Bike Done 281,000 miles!
    93 CB1000 Big1

Originally posted by darren10000 View Post
    Happy Easter Everybody!!! - - everything running nice on the XS11, went to pull away with the crowd of other riders and...F!*&ing Electrics short out, Sparks flying everywhere.
    Some days I hate that bloody bike!!!:Had to go home and pick up a Honda.
    So instead of spending the day in the pub I'm up to my neck in bits of wires, never mind I've got it running now...just!
    Daw
    Hi Daw,
    yeah, been there, done that. Took a replacement harness anna aftermarket spade fuse box to fix mine. Why the effin' bike has to have a wiring harness as thick as your wrist and mystery modules all over it I dunno.
    My 1970 BSA 250 may be the last pathetic gasp of a failing British bike industry but it only needs 7 wires to fuction. OK. 10 if you want signals.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
    X