how mutch can i get for it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how mutch can i get for it

I hate to say it but my old truck was going good untill the 5th gear made a realy bad noise so i pulled it over then turned around and headed home .The only gear that didnt make noise is 4th so i cramed it in 4th and chugged home.I pulled into the house in nuetral and tried to move in 1st but the racket was to bad ,she is all done(1983 toyota 4x4 5 speed with 250000miles)Now i went out to look for a new /used truck wow sticker shock,Anyway i hate to do it but the 1982 xj 1100 i just got done fixing up is up for sale for a down payment.How mutch is it worth with about 13000 mile in fare shape tires good 4 into 1 super trapp new oil,filters,pluggs and 2nd gear fix done.I want to ask $1500 is this to mutch or am i ok?Anybody have a tranny for a 83 toyota 4x4 5 speed ,only 81-83 fits cheep
    1883 xt250
    2006 tw 200
    1983 xj1100j
    1982 xj750 chopped riggid project
    had at one time xs 400,3 xs 650's,dt 100,175 yamaha dirtbike,xj550 seca,80 xj 650 maxim ,82 xj750 seca

All I need is the rear master cylinder off your XJ However, depending on the cosmetic condition, I would say that $1500 is on the high end of reasonable. I know some here would say they wouldn't pay more than a few hundred, and I know that some bikes have sold for much more than $1500. So, I would say to ask that price, and be prepared to negotiate down a few hundred $. Sorry about the truck though. I hope you get it back on the road soon.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Brent, I think that $1500 is a plenty reasonable price. As for the tranny try North Smithfield Recycling, in North Smithfield RI. I just got a headlight assembly from them for a 1989 Merc. Tracer delivered to VA at a reasonable price. They evidently keep a lot of elderly vehicle parts. Their phone number 401-766-5422.
      POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
      THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
      1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

4th gear on most transmissions is straight through. This is where the transmission is in a 1:1 ratio. The old borg warners would make all kinds of racket when the needle bearing between the input shaft and the rest of the output shaft went bad. Since 4th gear was the only time that bearing didn't spin, the tranny would be silent. Could have been the muncies in third though. Hard to remember.....

Any way, if you are adept at such things you may get away considerably cheaper than a new tranny.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I found a tranny in conn for $800 plus shipping and talked to the local tranny shop most of the gears are hard to find and pricey so $800 for a used one would be ok he said now i only paid $600 for the truck 3 years ago and put 50000 miles on it it just doesnt see right to junk it but it sounds like a new truck.I have a guy stopping bye tonite to look at the bike i hope he doesnt bye it,i have my other bikes on craigs list and have had some offers,this one is just to cool to sell.
          1883 xt250
          2006 tw 200
          1983 xj1100j
          had at one time xs 400,3 xs 650's,dt 100,175 yamaha dirtbike,xj550 seca,80 xj 650 maxim ,82 xj750 seca

Comment

Have you tried selling the old truck? If it is only the tranny, I guarantee you there are guys out there with a 5 spd tranny laying around and two more of the same truck that could fix it in a day or two max. There are more people who live and die by their Toyota Trucks than there are that get excited about an 11. (I know, go figure).

A tranny swap is typically NOT that difficult, If you ever replaced a clutch you basically did it already anyway. JAT
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

I had a guy stop bye yesterday to look at the 1100 ,get this he wanted a bike to bom around the back roads and throw around (he has a goldwing)and no beat up his bike .The next person thought it was a zip splat style because of th xj in the listing he was thinking fj1100 so far nobody wants this old bike ,thats a good thing so i can keep it.Now about the truck i put it on craigs list for $1500 for a joke and have had a lot of interestand,a guy is coming bye friday with cash.I looked for 2 days and wanted to bye american but the bottom line i got a brand new toyota 4x4 standard cab 5 speed for $18000,nobody could even touch this and 100000 mile 7 year warranty and free first set of tires.What is wrong with the big 3,this was made here in the us and will last me a lifetime and i dont have to worry about the company going bankrupt and loseing my warranty.Back to work today in my new truck and i dont have to wipe the frost off the bike and fire it up to get to work.
              1883 xt250
              2006 tw 200
              1983 xj1100j

Comment

I am one of those living and dying by their toyotas. My 94 pu is about to click over to 200k and the only things I have replace were tires, u-joints, alternator, and radiator. It's is insane what quality engineering can create. Why people buy american crap is beyond me.

Dude don't sell the bike. More searching and I bet you can come up with a good tranny. Toy used that tranny for a long time.
                '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Dude don't sell the bike. More searching and I bet you can come up with a good tranny. Toy used that tranny for a long time.
                  If you read the last post, someone may be giving him $1,500 for it, as it sits!
                  He sells the old truck, has his NEW truck, and gets to keep the bike!
                  Now if we can get a train and a grandma in this story, we mave have a country western song on our hands.....
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                    If you read the last post, someone may be giving him $1,500 for it, as it sits!
                    He sells the old truck, has his NEW truck, and gets to keep the bike!
                    Now if we can get a train and a grandma in this story, we mave have a country western song on our hands.....
                    Nope, noone has said anything about prison or gettin' drunk.
                    If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                      Hey you can't forget the dog and getting Drunk LOL

Freebird
                      1980 XS100 SG Gone but not Forgotten really wish I could have kept it
                      1998 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Comment

you guys crack me up

I love this site you guys crack me up,I cant wait to meet you all at the xs east ,i think i talked mother into letting me keeping the bike so i got something to ride to bike week and were i already got the new truck what the heck,bye the way i have a cat but no dog and it ben a wile sence i got drunk but i have ben none to drink a few.thanks for the smile and laugh guys
                        1883 xt250
                        2006 tw 200
                        1983 xj1100j

Comment

Got to be

A one eye'd banjo player in there somewhere too. Some moonshine in a mason jar and did I ever tell you about the 'shine' ole Snake Rogers used to bring back to the barracks every time he went home for a weekend. He'd come back on the Greyhond bus with 5 quart mason jars full. He put wax paper over the mouths held on with rubber bands, he said the 'shine' made the screw on caps kinda rusty. Anyway maybe some other time.
                          Ole 'hic' Jack
                          J.D."Jack" Smith
                          1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                          1978E straight job
                          "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Northern country boys

We are talking yankee country here boys he is in New Hampshire so think more along the lines of sheep drunk power tools like the song the Fools had great bar band from up there.
                            " That glass isn't half empty it has a hole in it "

79 SF set to cruise

80special work in progress

and now 78 needs work

Comment

Depending how much work you want to do. You might do what I did when my 85 Toyota 4x4 pu trans started to get a bit of a whine.

Head down to a family owned tranny shop and ask if anyone would be willing to take the job on after hours. Got mine fixed for $150. I bought the bearing and seals and dropped the tranny. Owners son was financing flying lessons...
                              RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Working...
                              X