When bronk riders fly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When bronk riders fly...

Saw this vid on Youtube - title says it all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwUIOpOuBuk
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Complimentary neck braces?

Reminds me of trying to learn to wheelie. Ouch!
    I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

That's definitely one of those times it's better to be in coach. Can you imagine the ride they got in first class . Complimentary neck braces? LOL They probably charge for those now .

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Compare it to this.

I bet that video was sped up for dramatic effect. Plus you'd never hear the nose wheel screech that loudly over the engines running hard in reverse trying to slow it down. I am almost wondering if it was a model.

Kinda funny though. Looked like "Soul Plane"
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Ivan - You got me thinkin' with the model theory. I thought it bounced kind of fast too, but with a plane traveling over 100mph, if the pilot was trying to force it down, I can see where it would bounce pretty fast. I watched that video over and over and can't get past one thing. If you look at the red and white striped building at the end of the runway, you can clearly see the plane pass between the building and the elevated runway lights. Also never seen a model make white smoke come off the tires. Then again you can do a lot of things with perspective and a camera. Wish I could understand the language that's being spoken in the background. Who knows, they might be saying "You shouldn't be allowed to fly model airplanes."

Comment

I really dont think it was a model, after reviewing the footage. Comparing it to other footage of large aircraft landing, it has definately sped up footage. If you were to slow it dows, the bounce wouldnt be nearly as dramatic. That video looks like it should have shoved the nose gear through the cabbin.

Either way, that pilot got three landings for the price of one.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Or maybe the nose gear is made out of the same stuff as the black box. How come they don't make the whole plane out of that stuff? You're probably right - sped up. I doubt whether the pilots would have still been conscious after an impact like that. Pucker factor being what it is, I'll bet they still came up missing some seat cushions.

Comment

Working...
              X