Ok. Enough is enough!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. Enough is enough!

Yesterday it was 75ºF here, and really wi n d y.

This morning I get up and it's a blizzard.

Now its freezing drizzle.

I know they switched from "global warming" to "climate change" but this is ridiculous! Even the hour by hour forcast is becoming inaccurate. I guess I will have to go back to the old "weather rock" method. You know, if the weather rock is wet, it's probably raining....
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Welcome to kansas brother! lol I just moved here in november and I've figured that out already. One of the things I miss most about missouri is the more normal weather and THE WIND ISN'T BLOWING ALL THE FREAKING TIME! ! ! ! ! ! !
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Sounds like you guys might be as irritated with the weather as I am. Yesterday it 60 and was windy, today was about 40-45 and rainy, and now they're calling for snow for the next 2 days.
      '81 XS1100LH (almost ready)

Previous ride:
      '86 VF500F
      '82 XJ650J Maxim

"That which doesn't kill you most likely will the second time." -Eugene Krabs-

Comment

would u two kansas boys quit ur crying. lived here my whole life nothing to cry about its just kansas the weather is always changing and the weatherman could always be wrong.
        1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Hang in there Ivan... Spring's coming

here and there... eventually...

We've had the same thing going on... One day it's really, REALLY nice and the next we're bundled up in winter gear...

It seems that the nice days when I decide to polish the bike are followed by days when the weather is not conducive to riding...
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Hey Kat,

That just makes your polishing work last longer anyway!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Heck, if I lived in Kansas, my philosophy would be; "No tornadoes, no problems."

Don
              currently own;
              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Well, that Kansas snow hit us here in MO this morning, but it's above freezing, so I still rode the bike to work. Nothing is sticking to the ground, since it's been over 60 deg. for the last week. I just had to put the liner back in the jacket before I left this morning.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

The weather is being a tease here in Ohio, too. Yesterday it was sunny, beautiful and almost 70; today it is raining and snowing.

We upgraded our weather rock to a weather cat. Instead of getting up to go check the rock, the cat is more than happy to come and find ME and show me just how wet and/or cold it is outside.

Wet on top - it's raining
                  Wet on bottom - it has recently rained
                  I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
                  3J6 003509
                  Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
                  Fuse Block Upgrade
                  Mike's XS Green Coils
                  Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

yeah rode my bike today to work as it was raining, now theres a blizzard out there and need to drive it home. roads dont look to bad though. wish me luck
                    Steve Josch
                    Toronto ontario
                    1982 xj1100 maxim owner

Comment

Working...
                    X