Spring is Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring is Here?

Never previously posted to this forum but I have been on here for the past year or so, reading up on my bike. What a huge source of information this site is. I've been in the shed all winter, with my manual and xs11.com, tuning, cleaning, polishing, painting and lubing my bike. Not a complete teardown or anything as it currently runs quite nice, just getting familiar with the bike and the required maintenance. Stripped down to the base bike and then added a new seat, new 4 into 2 MAC pipes and some $10 bags from a garage sale. Thanks to all xs11 members for creating this wealth of info on this bike.

Cheers!
    1981 XS1100 Special
    Saddlemen Seat
    MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Nice looking Special, welcome to the forum. Now it's time for less working and more riding.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Still a little snow on the ground up here, and way to much sand and gravel still on the roads to be cleaned up by the city. Nice to have the bike work done a little early.
      1981 XS1100 Special
      Saddlemen Seat
      MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Nice looking Ride there Southhill101. Welcome to the forum. If you search "Members Alberta/British Columbia" you will find a few of us in your neck of the woods.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Man oh man....another spotless XS. You guys are setting the bar too freakin high for the rest of us.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I do like those bags! How do you have your turn signals set up with those? Very nice bike though. Interesting headlight ears too.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Awesome looking ride!! Shiney to!!

Spring...hah...watchin the flurries fly today, opening day.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                I do like those bags! How do you have your turn signals set up with those? Very nice bike though. Interesting headlight ears too.
                The signals mount on each side of the licence plate holder on a flat metal bar with 90 degree mounting ears, that is held behind the top licence plate screws, dont know if it is a stock piece or not. Probably can't see it in the pic, but the signals are pretty much centered on the backs of the bags, seems to make the signals a little more visible too. I don't know what kind of bags they are, the logo looks like 2 R's back to back?
                1981 XS1100 Special
                Saddlemen Seat
                MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
                  Man oh man....another spotless XS. You guys are setting the bar too freakin high for the rest of us.

Don
                  Believe me, it doesn't look like that all year. Just picked it up and had it out for a bunch of rides last summer as I bought it, so I spent the winter investigating/checking the mechanics and removing a lot of accessories and junk that I didn't like and that's what I ended up with. Ya I know, I get lots of comments about living out in my shed.

Cheers!
                  1981 XS1100 Special
                  Saddlemen Seat
                  MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

I don't know for sure this will work but the link is a series of pictures from when I bought the bike last summer, 'till now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=2e05967ef9
                    1981 XS1100 Special
                    Saddlemen Seat
                    MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Spinning your wheels on ice, at least is spinning your wheels?

I don't know what is worse sitting down here in Florida with beautiful weather and a bike that isn't finished, or up in the snow with a bike that is?
                      "Shoppy Shop"
                      "Shop"
                      Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

Very nice transition
                        All the hard work shows up in that album
                        You must be climbing the walls to get that thing on the road
                        I just took my first ride of the year on my SH last Tuesday and boy was it nice to get back on it
                        Gary
                        1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Glad to know it works. Actually got out for a couple of hours in the sun yesterday. The roads were not so bad, keeping one eye on the gravel patches. May get out tonight for a while, weathers supposed to be good until the weekend of course.

Cheers!
                          1981 XS1100 Special
                          Saddlemen Seat
                          MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Well done

That bike is NICE. Very classy. If it gets too dirty this season you will have next winter to clean it up. My shed isn't much bigger. It got the nickname of "Man Cave"
                            I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Funk View Post
                              That bike is NICE. Very classy. If it gets too dirty this season you will have next winter to clean it up. My shed isn't much bigger. It got the nickname of "Man Cave"
                              Exactly! Summer's for ridin', Winter's for fixin' and there's always a space somewhere in that little shed for a nice cold beer!
                              1981 XS1100 Special
                              Saddlemen Seat
                              MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Working...
                              X