New guy's rescued $500 Clunker pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy's rescued $500 Clunker pics

I hope the pic thing works. I bought this 80 Special last summer for $500, it was rough....really rough. Have about $1500 into now. Cleaned, painted, tuned, new parts a plenty, mostly from ebay. Built the sissy bar and put an old school chopper pad on it from ebay. Bobbed the rear fender, tucked in the turn signals, took off the cruiser handle bars, put a seat on if from a later Yamaha. I cut down the seat foam an inch to lower the seat height. Put 11 inch rear shocks on it. A 4-1 header because the stock pipes were rusty junk. Modified the muffler in the header for that "Suck my tailpipe you punk on a crotch rocket" sound. The paint is base/clear 2005 Mustang Gt color. Polished the forks, etc, etc. Thanks to you all for some great ideas, I enjoy the forum and all the pics of your bikes, very inspiring.

Hmmm....I gues I need to take another crack at the pics....such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by xsivegary View Post
      I gues I need to take another crack at the pics
      Easiest way...
      Get a free photobucket account. Download pics to Photobucket from your computer. Click on IMG link below photo in Photobucket. Paste it into your post. EZ
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Comment

Hey...I'm not as dumb as I thought, got the pic to work, thanks Phil. Here are a couple more.

Comment

Sweet! Very clean, nice color too.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Very nice job!! Good looking bike, and you now KNOW your bike, and what it will do!
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Looking good ... Isn't it amazing what can be done with these bikes even this many years out...
                Rob
                KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                1978 XS500E
                1979 XS1100F Restored
                1980 XS1100 SG
                1981 Suzuki GS1100
                1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Thanks Guys. It has been a fun project....soooo much easier than my last project which was a 1970 Trans Am that took 7 years. My next project will be a down and dirty drag/rat/bobber/brat thingy. Looking for a cheap standard XS11 for that. Hope to run across one this summer for a few hundred bucks. I wanted to do that to this one, but my wife and kids like to ride with me so a two up seat is a must and the sissy bar is there for my peace of mind, don't want to drop one of them off the back on a redline 1-2 upshift

Comment

Very nice lookin ride!!! Great work!
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by xsivegary View Post
                      Thanks Guys. It has been a fun project....soooo much easier than my last project which was a 1970 Trans Am that took 7 years. My next project will be a down and dirty drag/rat/bobber/brat thingy. Looking for a cheap standard XS11 for that. Hope to run across one this summer for a few hundred bucks. I wanted to do that to this one, but my wife and kids like to ride with me so a two up seat is a must and the sissy bar is there for my peace of mind, don't want to drop one of them off the back on a redline 1-2 upshift
                      If it's running right they won't make it to redline at full throttle, they will be gone long before that.

Nice lookin XS. Another one that looks better than mine. I really need to get out the elbow grease....
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Wow....the bike looks great. I like that shade of blue on there. Nice work.

Don
                        currently own;
                        1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                        2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                        X