Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting it Ready!

Hello,
    Thought I would share some of the stuff I got done on the bike today. I had just finished adjusting the valve shims and have been sanding and prepping the tank and side badges. I hope you like.

Hi my name is Ray, and I AM addicted to XS!!s,

Thanks for letting me share.
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Looking good. I know that after I get my bike on the road, the next thing to address will be cosmetics.
    '81 XS1100LH (almost ready)

Previous ride:
    '86 VF500F
    '82 XJ650J Maxim

"That which doesn't kill you most likely will the second time." -Eugene Krabs-

Comment

Tank Badges

I bought a pair of the chrome YAMAHA badges from the guy on EBAY in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. A little pricey but fit resonably well and come with new screws. I think I may try doing the side cover badges to match.

Comment

chrome Badges

Yep, I saw a set of those chrome badges and plan on getting a set as my old gold ones are destroyed. Thats why I am doing my side cover badges to match.

Owner of:
        1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
        140 mains
        45 pilot jets
        Floats at 24mm
        Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Lookin' good Ray!

Comment

Hi Ray...I like that paint job...looks like things are coming together for ya...You coming to XSEast?
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

madmax-im,
              Yep, My wife and I will be there. Unfortunatly riding up there and back plus two days of riding in between will be just too much for her so we decided to bring the bike up in the pick-up truck. I hate to do it this way but she would not come along otherwise.

I will be seeing you there!

Owner of:
              1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
              140 mains
              45 pilot jets
              Floats at 24mm
              Running Rich

Comment

Yep, I saw a set of those chrome badges and plan on getting a set as my old gold ones are destroyed.
                They make a chrome Yamaha emblem that will work on the tank. They make it for a golf cart. It is flat though, but if you dip it in boiling water for just a few seconds then set it on the edge of a big bowl or something to cool, you can get it rounded a bit to fit your tank better. You can mount them flat and screw them down onto the tank and they'll work for a while, but eventually crack.

You can go to your local bike shop and order part # JN6-F4161-01. They will set you back @ 5 or 6 bucks each. This is the same thing I see them selling on Ebay for @ 4 times the price. (Or more...)

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by rman View Post
                  madmax-im,
                  Yep, My wife and I will be there. Unfortunatly riding up there and back plus two days of riding in between will be just too much for her so we decided to bring the bike up in the pick-up truck. I hate to do it this way but she would not come along otherwise.

I will be seeing you there!
                  Great...it matters not how you get there...It'll be good to see you! might be trailering myself...I smell multiple Harley awards...LOL
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I don't know, Ben. Between you and Ray it would be a close call mileage wise. BTW, does anyone know if Gary is coming to XSEast? He won it last year!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                      I don't know, Ben. Between you and Ray it would be a close call mileage wise. BTW, does anyone know if Gary is coming to XSEast? He won it last year!
                      Well Ray is a bit further than I am...but I thought I read a few others might be in the running....not sure about Gary...I never see him on here so its anyone's guess...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

And I was happy at getting my mother-inlaws nissan pickup running today! I have got to waite a few weeks b/4 getting into paint items still a little cool here in Minnesota! I am still debating upon staying with original color or going to a bright candy apple red for the Timemachine!

Deny
                        Last edited by DenyP; 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM.
                        1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                        1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

That's going to turn out nice!

Looking Sharp!
                          "Shop"
                          Click Here! For the latest XS11 bobber update. shopschops.blogspot.com

Comment

latest pictures

Hi all, Just wanted to make an update on my repainting project. Here it is, some minor mistakes but it was a learning process. Most importantly I am happy with the results.
                            Almost forgot, I posted a before and after in my photo Album.

Last edited by rman; 05-09-2009, 09:39 AM.

Owner of:
                            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
                            140 mains
                            45 pilot jets
                            Floats at 24mm
                            Running Rich

Comment

Originally posted by rman View Post
                              Hi all, Just wanted to make an update on my repainting project. Here it is, some minor mistakes but it was a learning process. Most importantly I am happy with the results.
                              Wow! Looks good, Ray! The first pics looked like the tank was going to be a lighter blue than the side covers. Was that just the lighting?

Regards,

Scott
                              -- Scott
                              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                              1979 XS1100F: parts
                              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
                              X