KERKER EXHAUST 4 into 1 for XS11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KERKER EXHAUST 4 into 1 for XS11

what would this be worth? I've bid $80 and still haven't hit their reserve. . . . Am I just a cheap@$$?
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Originally posted by BigDick View Post
    what would this be worth? I've bid $80 and still haven't hit their reserve. . . . Am I just a cheap@$$?
    depending on its condition its worth it...I had one on my recently sold XS1100 Streetfighter...the sound is fantastic...you would absolutely love it..I did... BTW a new exhaust would run you over $300. I would not say you are a cheapie...its good to have an idea of what you are willing to spend ...and if the item goes over that then maybe its more than you'd want...you have your limits..you have to know when to walk away...FWIW this unit is used and looks it so I would not pay more than $150 max...YMMV
    Last edited by madmax-im; 04-02-2009, 07:59 PM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I've got a Kerker 4-1 on my black XJ. I'm gonna FINALLY find out how she sounds this weekend! Woo hoo! From what my mom's boyfriend and my brother-in-law tell me, as well as the mechanic, the sound is pretty awesome.
      "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

It Growls and Barks!

Yep when you blip the throttle from idle to about 3000 RPMs it'll bark with the authority of a Pitbull! I used to do that at all the H-D riders and they would just sit up and take notice..
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I got a little stupid a couple months ago and bid on a kerker on ebay.It looked pretty good in the auction,but when I got it it has rust in the pinch points between the pipes.Not rusted through but pitted and I cant get it all out.So I ended up paying $200 for a header with the chrome messed up.I didnt install it.
          Now I have to put it back on ebay and sell it.I will be honest though,and tell the true condition.
          Moral of the story,be carefull of 30 year old stuff on ebay.lol
          Rick
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll bump up my max bid on my lunch break.
            1980 XS11SG

Comment

There's nothing like the sound of a KerKer on these bikes but more importantly, KerKer and only a few others will actually increase HP when tuned properly.
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Here's hoping, I bumped my max bid up today but there's still 4 days left of auction. . . .
                1980 XS11SG

Comment

Back in the mid 90's, when Kerker still made new exhausts for xs11's my buddy paid $750 for a new one. Put it on and watched it turn blue the first day.
                  79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                  80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                  80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                  79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                  X