Updated pics of MNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated pics of MNS

Since I know everyone likes pics of bikes, I thought I would post some pics of the MNS that I have been restoring. It is still a work in progress but it is getting there. Next on the agenda is new tires and battery. It will be rideable then but I still have to get the carbs dialed in. I have been playing with powdercoating. As soon as the Super Wet Black Powder that I ordered arrives this bike will really start to shine. I also have a set of XJ rear air shocks that I am powdercoating black and plan on installing on this bike.

Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Dang..That looks sweeet!
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

That looks GREAT, Harry! Awesome job!

I mean... that looks like crap! let me take it off your hands and save you some embarrassment...
      lol

Seriously... nice job
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Hey Harry - Those pics look awesome, these bikes just kill me - I have an '81 MNS with the turbine wheels way up here in Canada & I can't believe it, we both have have the exact same saddlebags. I ordered mine from the U.S. I have never seen anyone with the same bags as mine yet, & have never personally seen another MNS - what are the odds of that? Now thats cool!!. Keep up the great work with the MNS - not too many of them left.
        '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
        1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
        Rebuilt head, valves
        TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
        Tkat Fork Brace
        T.C. Spade Fuse Box
        Dyna Coils & wires
        Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
        ISO grips with stelleto ends
        4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
        Bridgestone Spitfires
        Tuned by Tinman905
        & a will to keep it.

Comment

bike

Man Harry that looks real nice. Gotta get together soon.

ed

Comment

Very nice! All you need are some insignias for the side covers! Maybe some day mine will look that nice...
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The bike actually doesn't look as good as the pics make it seem but it is getting there.

I ordered mine from the U.S. I have never seen anyone with the same bags as mine yet
              I ordered mine from some website quite a few years ago (don't remember now where I got them) but they were real cheap and quite large.

All you need are some insignias for the side covers!
              I have one, still searching for another. I still need to wet sand and polish the side covers a bit before I put them on though.

I am also looking at a 3 step powdercoat to try and replicate the gold. The pics I have seen look comparable so I have hope.
              Harry

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Looks realy good nice job

Jim
                http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

The bike looks great.And you should have some decent riding weather someday.
                  I dont know about Canada but here in Spokane we are still getting snow.Way past time for warm weather!
                  80 SG XS1100
                  14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I agree with Wildkat. That bike looks terrible. You should feel absolute shame riding it around. Of course, being the good buddy that I am, I'll take it off of your hands and ride it for you.. since obviously I have NO shame! lol.

It really is looking great. I know you've been working a while on it, but you really should have trouble sleeping at night for what you gave for it.

Let us know how the gold powder coating goes. I know several people.. especially the people with XJ's... that would like to have the gold Yamaha emblems back on the tank. That might get a little side business going. You do work for beer.. right?

Tod
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                      I agree with Wildkat. That bike looks terrible. You should feel absolute shame riding it around. Of course, being the good buddy that I am, I'll take it off of your hands and ride it for you.. since obviously I have NO shame! lol.

It really is looking great. I know you've been working a while on it, but you really should have trouble sleeping at night for what you gave for it.

Let us know how the gold powder coating goes. I know several people.. especially the people with XJ's... that would like to have the gold Yamaha emblems back on the tank. That might get a little side business going. You do work for beer.. right?

Tod
                      I work for beer, Bigfoot and Russ drink and provide moral support. HA!

Honestly they helped too.

And the MNS looks as good in person as it do in the photos. Nice job Harry.
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Unfortunately the emblems are not metal are they. The powder coat needs to be metal and baked at minimum of 375 degrees. Don't know if it would work to well.
                        Harry

'79 Standard
                        '82 XJ1100
                        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Hey Harry: The name of the wedsite for the saddlebags is "bikerbags.com" if anyone on the site would want to check them out. I also got the matching tool bag for the front, and "yes" it has tools in it. Wouldn't travel without it. - Dan
                          '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
                          1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
                          Rebuilt head, valves
                          TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
                          Tkat Fork Brace
                          T.C. Spade Fuse Box
                          Dyna Coils & wires
                          Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
                          ISO grips with stelleto ends
                          4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
                          Bridgestone Spitfires
                          Tuned by Tinman905
                          & a will to keep it.

Comment

Outstanding.. Love me some Midnights.
                            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

No Tod, I have no problem sleeping at night and I have been known to do all kinds of things for beer.
                              Harry

'79 Standard
                              '82 XJ1100
                              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
                              X