WARNING about Charles Podvarko- deadbeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING about Charles Podvarko- deadbeat

Just a heads up to my fellow xs1100 members on this forum. Shipped a mac 4-1 chrome header ,2 mirrors and 1 chrome grabbar to Charles Podvarko 1373 Catawba Ave,Newfield NJ 08344 on February 10,2009 by Canada Post tracking # CX223936872CA.(wwwcanadapost.ca) USPS has it in there system as recieved. Payment of $290US (shipping included)was promised by Charles but has never arrived. The tracking # shows package recieved in Newfield post office and picked up early March. I have been very patient and repeated phone calls to cell 856 364 3633 are never returned.Home # 856 362 5638 was just a message for a long time but now they just hang up on me or yell stop calling. E-mail charlespodvarkojr@Yahoo.com is ignored, so is his xs forum handle private message system charlespodvarko. I am satisfied that he never intended to pay me and will not make any attempt to do so. Note the header was mint and worth every penny. An open invitation to the members close by if you want to make $204.30 dollars feel free to try and collect. I will be happy with my $85.70 US dollars back for shipping cost.I can eat the header. The parts bike long since paid for itself anyway. If you have any business dealing with him please take my experience into account. He does not keep his word.He has made no attempt to call me and deal with this matter. He is on my do not ship list. The first one from the forum to ever get on my list. No reply to thread is needed or expected. Many of you have recieved parts prior to payment and I will continue to do so when I feel like it. I am disappointed with Charles and will pray for him to become a man who keeps his word. thanx andreas

Sorry to hear it Andreas. I have ordered parts from you before and it is very nice to have a reliable source to get those hard to find parts from.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

That sucks large!

Hopefully he will come to his senses and honor his commitment to you.

Paul
      Paul
      1983 XJ1100 Maxim
      1979 XS1100 Standard
      1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

It seems there has always got to be somebody who makes it tough on the rest of us. I hope he's the only one in your dealings here!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by andreashweiss View Post
          Many of you have received parts prior to payment and I will continue to do so when I feel like it.
          I was very appreciative that you had done that for me once when I had been a member on here for only a few months. I hope you can still trust the rest of us and hopefully someone can pay him a visit to collect for you.
          http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
            As you well know, you have been absolutely essential to most of us trying to get these machines back on the road.
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

Deadbeat

Generally what goes around, comes around. Good luck to you and continue to be the good soul that you are.
              78 XS1100E Standard
              Coca Cola Red
              Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
              http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Last summer, I won the bidding on Ebay for a trailer hitch for the Dodge Ram I had. I sent the money but never got the hitch. I sent the guy several emails with no response. I started getting really ticked but couldn't help wonder if the seller was one of the poor folks who's home I had seen destroyed by tornadoes on the news.

Luckily, I paid through paypal and got my money back.

This case here though sounds totally different. The fact that you are calling and they are hanging up or yelling "Stop Calling".....I'd be some kind of mad!!!

Don
                currently own;
                1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

It sucks that people take avantage of someones else trust. I am still waiting for payment for a fairing mount. almost 2 years ago!!!!! It soon leads to pay first and then I will send the parts. I tend to believe that most people on this forum are honest and trust worthy. The XS11 is more than a forum but a family of people dedicated to the preservation of a motorcyle icon. It's the few pecker headed a-holes thats makes one one wonder sometimes of who is here to protect an almost extinct species and who is here to meet there own selfish gains. I wish the person a dramatic final drive failure at speed and the resulting impact with a fixed object.

What goes around comes around.
                  When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

An extreme measure may be to have one of the "good" locals pay his bike a visit? I'm NOT saying violence, just a reminder that because you tried to steal from someone who lives 3,000 miles from you, it does NOT mean you can get away with it. We do know the bikes are old, and parts on bikes and CARS are prone to failure.
                    I guess it's just my Italian/French background that has me thinking this way.
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

This kind of **** pisses me off royally...I know you dont expect any miracles but I might just pay this a hole a visit none the less. Its a shame yuo dont have any legal recourse(?)...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

There IS legal recourse, only problem being the cost would be more than Andreas would recover. This would be small claims court, but Andreas would need to come to NJ for it.

The great thing about email and the internet is that everything you do on here is MUCH more trackable than any postal service transactions!! Hit print and you got proof of who said what. Call an ISP and you can confirm they were on line and accessing the site at that time.

$290 would get eaten up quick in travel cost or fees to pay a lawyer to represent you. Probably figures that too.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

I'm in NJ and to think what this guy has done is absurd.I would pay him a visit but he is 135 miles away from me.To do that to anyone is a slap in the face to all who buy parts.I know years ago i was selling truck parts to a guy that i met on a Jeep Jamboree.He still to this day owes me $350.00.The place that does all my work on my Jeep wont even deal with this guy on the phone.My friend Mike who works at the shop tells him every time he calls-Pete is looking for his money and until you send it to him don't expect service from us.So he just hangs up the phone.He knows that he got something and owes me money plain and simple.Now when i send parts to someone unless i know them until i get my money no parts sent.There was a guy on this forum who wanted parts that i had for sale-I'm still waiting on the money and still have the part and that was back in December!
                          1980 XS1100 SG
                          Inline fuel filters
                          New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                          160 mph speedometer mod
                          Kerker Exhaust
                          xschop K & N air filter setup
                          Dynojet Recalibration kit
                          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

If only he knew...

what a true gentleman and square dealer you are maybe he would not have stiffed you like he did. You shipped parts to me in Australia for gawds sake before you got a penny and I'm forever in your debt.

You make the World a better place.

Dan.
                            Horrified.
                            Automotive Imbecile.
                            Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                            '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                            1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Jersey huh....you wants me to call my Uncle Vincent to go and have a tawk with this mope?

Don
                              currently own;
                              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                              X