Just listed my 78 xs11 on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just listed my 78 xs11 on Ebay

I just listed my 78 xs11 on ebay Feel free to bid http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...1%7C240%3A1318
    If it doesn't sell I'll have a bunch of 78 parts to sell
    Wish I didn't have to sell it. If things keep on going the way they are I'll be listing a 79 11 special or, I hate to say it, The copper chopper rat rod xs11. I think I'm going overboard with the faces.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

The 78 went for $1750. Not a bad price in these troubled times. I'm happy to see the xs's still have some value in the open market. The 79 special will be going next.
    Last edited by xs11lover; 04-02-2009, 05:18 AM.
    79 DT 100

Comment

Super Clean Ride !

Wow, that bike is a thing of beauty. You have my sympathies XS11lover. I had to sell my bikes years ago when I bought my first house. Within a year I bought a real fixer upper bike from a scrap yard and took my time restoring it as cheaply as I could.
      Cold comfort as it may seem, Things have a way of turning around and I hope things improve for you soon.
      Rick.
      I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

very nice

isn't it gonna break your heart to sell that beauty??? if i was in the proper financial situation i'd take that off your hands in minutes. maybe i can unload my mns quick and buy yours, [mostly wishful thinkin]. good luck with the sale.
        redbone
        testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

Don't feel too bad for me, I still have a few more. Most of these were paid for by selling parts. It's gotten to the point that i'm tired of upkeep on all of them, and that and I have to carry insurance and plates on all of them to ride without getting fined. I'm ready to just have one or two and make them really nice. This 79 is unreplaceable, so clean it's unreal. Yes it will kill me to sell it but that's life.
          79 DT 100

Comment

Its Love and Lust

All over again...I thought the '78 was sweet but this one is even sweeter...if thats possible..based on the way the '78 sold you should have a higher reserve on this one
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Oh that one will cost ya, No .com discounts on my prize bike.
              79 DT 100

Comment

He came and took the 78 away, today. Seemed happy as a clam. Ol Bertha shinned nicely as they rolled away.
                79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
                  Oh that one will cost ya, No .com discounts on my prize bike.
                  Huh? I did you a favor by not taking it ..you got more than I would have got it for and I even made some bids on it...It was me who asked about those driving lights too. If I had known in the beginning that you would have sold it for yor reserve...it would be sitting in my garage now. But no worries dude...everything works out for the best
                  Last edited by madmax-im; 04-05-2009, 09:52 PM.
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks for the bids. I'm thinking you may want every pretty xs you see, kind of like me. I think Bill was ready to bid whatever it took to win that one.
                    It looks like a bad week to list the special. There is a superclean midnight listed now in my area. He's got a special parts bike too. I don't want to over run the market.
                    I paid top $ for the special, and paid top $ for that Corbin seat . I honestly should pick up a stock seat, so I can hold on to that Corbin. It's the only up to date seat I ever saw for an xs.
                    I always sell things too cheap, that why auctions work for me, I usually get more than I would ask.
                    79 DT 100

Comment

Oh the addiction

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
                      Thanks for the bids. I'm thinking you may want every pretty xs you see, kind of like me. I think Bill was ready to bid whatever it took to win that one.
                      It looks like a bad week to list the special. There is a superclean midnight listed now in my area. He's got a special parts bike too. I don't want to over run the market.
                      I paid top $ for the special, and paid top $ for that Corbin seat . I honestly should pick up a stock seat, so I can hold on to that Corbin. It's the only up to date seat I ever saw for an xs.
                      I always sell things too cheap, that why auctions work for me, I usually get more than I would ask.
                      Yes My name is Ben and I am addicted to the XS11s' to borrow the phrase from rman I am ok with that for I know I am not the only one thus afflicted You should see whats in ossjughead's garage!
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                      X