hard saddle bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard saddle bags

i wanted to show u all a treasure i bought today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230328569093

DROOL!!!!!
    1980 xs1100 sg.

Wow, NOS! That's a real rare find. Congratulations.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Niiiiiiiice!
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Good score!
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

your lucky you got these for this price. I had these on my watch list and got too busy at work to bid on them. I am happy to see that they went to someone on this forum. I would have never expected these to go for as low a price as you scored them for. Great buy.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

i personally talked with the guy last night on the phone. i am surprised that they went that low too. he said there was 49 people watching them.
            1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Originally posted by devilschld View Post
              i personally talked with the guy last night on the phone. i am surprised that they went that low too. he said there was 49 people watching them.
              I was one of those 49 and, like cajun31, got too busy at work to bid. Congratulations on your great score!

Paul
              Paul
              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Congratulations, I have a set just like those on my bike, in fact here are a couple of tips for you. Always keep the front latch locked, and lift the rear of the cover to hook the lid under the loop of the front latch to remove the lid for loading, this will keep the lid from lifting at the front and decorating the highway if you forget to latch the front latch. Also put some kind of restraining cord or cable between the lid and the box, so you can hang them over the side of the box and don't have to set them on the seat during loading, where are going to slide of and chip the finish when they hit the ground. These tips I learned the hard way, also the lids are reversible so you can turn them around so they are flat on the top and not slanted to the rear and with the guards makes them easier to strap sleeping bags and such on top.
                Fastmover
                "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                lion". SHL
                78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                X