Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other '80's bike interest you folks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ1000 or Honda CBX would be nice additions to my garage.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

The '74 Ducati 750SS comes to mind, but the more I think about it, I'd have to say if it had more than one wheel and less than four than I'm down with it. I'd make a list but it would get rather loooong know what I mean. have a nice day and ride safe
      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Gotta' be the CBX ..

One very beautiful machine ....

[IMG][/IMG]

This one is a turbo ... oh, geez
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

KZ1000 , the CBX , Honda GB500, and the 800cc Honda Shadow. Someday i will have them all!

1978 XS1100E Standard
          Kerker Exhaust
          Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
          TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
          Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

My girlfriend's father has a mint 1971 triumph bonneville. Custom chromed the tank and side covers as well. I am trying to get him to put it back on the road, but it is in his office, and needs new tires and such. He can't ride due to an injury, but I am working on him to let me ride it. Think a Triumph will be my next bike for sure.
            1984 XJ1100 - 79 cams, XS850 FD, XS triple tree/euro cafe bars, hydraulic clutch, bar end mirrors, yamaha R1 rear mono-shock
            1972 CL350 - clubmans, Mike's XS coils/condenser, '98 Yamaha R1 rearsets (If I can find some at a decent price)

Comment

For pure reliabilty you can't beat the 85-86 Honda Shadow 1100. 14 years with no engine repairs. The best of all the Shadows. Maintenance free.

I always liked the two-tone blue CB900 Custom with the full Hondaline tour package.

The GS L series tourers were pretty nice, but they used generic vetter tour stuff.
              Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
              '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

80's Bikes

1984 Honda 700S Nighthawk. First shaft bike I owned and it had more brakes than I realized. First time I clamped down hard on the brakes, the back end came up and I about had a heart attack!
                1979XS1100SF
                K&N's and drilled airbox
                Jardine 4in1
                Dunlop Elite 3's
                JBM slide diaphragms
                142.5 main jets
                45 pilot jets
                T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                750/850 FD mod.
                XV 920 Needle Mod.
                Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

I rode a CB750 K-1 Honda in '71. It was very fast, but top heavy. You did not want to take it on gravel. My current project is a '80 XS850 Special.

Deny
                  1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                  1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Love the 80's V-65 magna/sabre, V-Max, etc.
                    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                    1982 XS650
                    1980 XS1100g
                    1979 XS1100sf
                    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

I've never even riden one, but I would like to own

a BMW 90 or larger from back then. As I am an old cooger and sedate in my ways, a beemer would be nice! One with all the bags, trunk and fairing. Maybe I'll put my parts bike in shape and trade it! Ya, sure.
                      J.D."Jack" Smith
                      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                      1978E straight job
                      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

1982 xj650lj

Back in 1981 I was working for JoCo Motors Yamaha. Bob Jones was the owner. His son Mark (Snark) and I took one of the very first 1982 XJ650LJ's out of the crate together in this Country. I was hooked. I have had five of these bikes over the years with this one being the best, I ride it almost daily.

We finshed building and tricking out this one at Merriam Cycle a few years back. What a nice ride these bikes are. 1980's era Yamaha's are some of the best Motorcycles ever built.

One good Turbo web site here.

http://tmioa22687.yuku.com/forums/10
                        "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
                        X