New member: Gary F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member: Gary F

I thought I would introduce my buddy Gary who lives in Maine. He's more of a reader than a poster so I figured I'd speak up for him.

Gary and I were friends in high school back in the early 80's and kept in touch even though I moved to Florida for 21 yrs.

After my accident in '04, he's the friend who kept on me to get out of the house and get back to motorcycle riding. (my accident had nothing to do with any motorcycle). He kept sending me Ebay adds for Yamaha XS1100 Specials so I finally bought a couple. He helped me rebuild my SG so we got a lot of riding in last summer and fall.

Anyway, he's a good guy with a great family, so hopefully he'll get around to posting a few times.

Don

Gary with his XS1100SH

currently own;
    1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
    2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Gary, Welcome to Ch.11. Fine looking XS you have there.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Gary,

Welcome! You coming down (over?) to XSEast so you can embarrass some of us with all those shiny bits?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys
        Ive had my SH for 12 years now and the only things I have done myself is the oil changes and to put the kerker exhaust on
        Now I have found an SF in rough shape and picked it up for 200 dollars and decided to do all my own work.
        DJinNH inspired me by bring his SG back to almost all by himself
        So once I get the new bike to the house I am sure Ill have a lot of questions
        and if I can learn how there will be lots of pics posted
        Gary

**Editted Photo Links** Gary, you were close, just use the IMG button to paste your photobucket URL links into, and they will show up like above. When you post just the URL links, the site thinks they are websites, not images, and makes them active links, but doesn't show them in the message. T.C.
        Last edited by Ken Talbot; 03-08-2009, 12:35 AM. Reason: more fixing on img links to allow full size display
        Gary
        1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Unless the engine or tranny is just plain locked, you got a deal and a half I would say. Does not look half bad as is.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Thanks DGXSER
            The closer you get the more things pop out at you that will need attention
            I think the cleanest thing on the bike is the mac 4 into 1 but i wont be needing that because I have an xtra kerker
            So if anybody has a decent seat Ill trade them even
            T.C thanks for the tech help I am not very computer savy
            Gary
            1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Yeah Gary, but that is the case for all of them. Any 30 YO bike is a 20 footer usually.

So is that your divetrain in the background to?
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

I'm not trying to poke fun of your bike, but I think is kinda funny how all the rusted bolt heads stick out like accent markers against the shiny silver motor. At least they match the rear springs! Looks like a fun project though. Be sure to keep us updated on the progress.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                -H. Ford

Comment

I keep suggesting to Gary that he swap out that engine for a Midnight Special 1100 engine he bought in Mass last year. That engine sure looks a whole lot better than the one in this bike.

Come on guys, help me out with the peer pressure.

Don
                  currently own;
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
                  2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Working...
                  X