Parts dealer info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts dealer info

has anyone bought from partsnmore.com ? i'am looking at valve cover and cam end gaskets and a few other small items price is right just wondering about the quality ? if so let me know what you thought of them
    thanks

Bought an oil filter and brake pads from them. Shipping is kinda slow. Have nto used the parts yet.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

I recently bought a valve cover gasket, fit good, material seemed good also. I've bought other things from them in the past. Shipping is usually 3-4 days to here in Michigan, sometimes 7-10 days. Returns are easy considering the paper work for Canada, pretty simple form actually.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

parts

dg and red thanks for the reply I'll give them a try

Comment

I have ordered a LOT of stuff through them. Their gasket sets are top notch.. even though they are green!? lol. TC likes that though. You can take a permanent marker to the edges if it bothers you. What cracks me up though, is the gasket set for the XJ is $12 dollars cheaper than the XS.. and it's the same thing! The only difference is the head gasket. It has some extra material added to the back of it for the YICS tubes, but this is easily trimmed off with a pair of scissors.

I have never had shipping take long or gotten anything I needed to return.

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

parts

hey tod that's good to hear of the quality gaskets and on the $12 savings on a whole set! i once owned a 81 virago and kneaded a side stand rubber stopper which was twice as much as the center stand rubber which was twice as long no brainier i cut it in half and the price!
            thanks for the info

Comment

GASKET SET tod

hey tod in that gasket set did it come with the oil pan, valve and side cover gaskets ? i emailed parts n more and asked them the same but they replied it's a engine gasket set and that they don't have a parts list for it ?

Comment

did it come with the oil pan, valve and side cover gaskets ?
                It came with all of them. It even has one for the middle drive unit. One ordered from Yamaha recently for the XS didn't. It also has the big base cylinder O-rings, valve seals, and exhaust seals. The only thing I can think of that it DIDN'T have, was the two little half moon gaskets on the right side of the head.

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

gasket

hey tod sounds like a winner
                  thanks

Comment

Good people

I bought a complete gasket set from them and the Fed Ex guys folded the box in the middle and destroyed the head gasket. I notified them and thought I was gonna get a new head gasket and actually they sent another complete set to me overnight for free.....
                    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                    Drilled airbox
                    Tkat fork brace
                    Hardly mufflers
                    late model carbs
                    Newer style fuses
                    Oil pressure guage
                    Custom security system
                    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...