blackberrys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackberrys

Hey I was wondering how many members use blackberrys or other mobile devices, I seem to be having a problem with pm's I can read them but when I try to reply there is no post button on the bottom of the page
    blackberry
    32.14%
    desktop/laptop
    67.86%
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

mobile, but not a blackberry

I use my phone (T-Mobile Wing) for reading and answering most e-mails. I get 2 yahoo accounts and my work e-mail on my phone, and can't go an hour without checking it. However, replying to an XS11 post means opening a web browser, and that is rather cumbersome on my phone, so I generally leave that for when I get back to a PC.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I take my laptop on the road with me and connect when possible. My phone can send/receive Email too but I seldome use that (costs more).
      I am in my truck right now at the Flying J in Kingman, AZ. There is a foot or so of snow and they closed I-40 (wimps). Had 2 cages spin-out in front of me (they didn't hit anything). One was a Suburban and the other was an Outback. (hey idiots, push the 4WD button).
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I use a desktop @ home, my laptop in the field. actually, I'm sitting in a hotel in Stuebenville, OH right now whittling the time away here on my most favorite web site have a nice day and ride safe
        I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I have too much tech stuff. It's all making me stupid. They make it unnecessary to remember anything like phone numbers addresses etc. I currently have in the house.... 4 desk top computers, 2 lap tops, 3 cell phone. One of the phones is "the work phone" and one of the lap tops is my daughters for school. I did have a black berry for work but they are useless when you reach the age of needing reading glasses. In the car receiving mail meant removing sun glasses, putting on reading glasses and trying to use the device while driving... I told my boss he could have it back. I called it a black "Bury" meaning I would be being buried soon if I had to use it. In any case for work I don't receive emergency e-mail .. I get emergency phone calls.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

MMMMMMMMMMMMM....blackberries.I think I like huckleberries more though.
            I have a desktop.My cellphone is web capable but it seems a waste of money to me to use it.And I have imediate access at work and home ,so no need.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I will abstain from voting in the poll as there is no option for iPhone users. I get notifications from the board via email, but I've never tried to reply to anything from my phone. When I get the notifications I usually go to my desktop PC to visit the board and see what's up.
              I know this, because Tyler knows this.

1980 SG
              3J6 003509
              Kerker 4-1 (sans baffles)
              Fuse Block Upgrade
              Mike's XS Green Coils
              Pods w/Homemade Velocity Stacks

Comment

oops

sorry to offend , i am thinking of getting an iphone as well
                91 kwaka kz1000p
                Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

I have an HTC Herman (Sprint Touch Pro)

I use it almost more than my desktop. Lately my computer has been giving me the BSOD so much I just don't use it. Plus I can use the Pro at work, when all I am doing is watching the machine run.
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I use a smart phone with windows mobile on it. It is a samsung Omnia. Does everything an I phone will do and more. But I usually wait until I am at one of my pc's to browse the site and respond to posts.
                    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                    '82 XJ1100
                    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Use My desktop when at home,Laptop when away,Blackberry for work,Side kick for personal use.Can use any of them to do most things on the web.
                      1980 XS1100g

Comment

Working...
                      X