Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Sun Valley, CA

All:

I currently have a high bid on a '96 ST1100 that is an insurance salvage deal. Bike is located at:

Ridesafely California
    7850 Clybourn Ave
    Sun Valley, CA 91352

If the deal goes through (I am currently high bidder at $1K) is there anyone in the area that could help me out (maybe overnight room?) if/when I drive out to pick it up? Thanks.

FWIW, looks like it will need new forks...
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Bike pickup

Hi Jerry, no problem if you want to stay over in Valley Center, Calif. I am 2.5 hours from Sun Valley. So, going there, staying on the way back, you are welcome. If you want to stay closer, Planedick, and 3Phase are closer, they both live in L.A. Hope you are keeping the XJ, with all the memories. Mike in San Diego(Valley Center)
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

I'm not too far from Mike ...

either, Jerry. Your welcome here too. On another note, how is it possible to bid on insurance wrecks ... or moreover, discover where they being auctioned at? That ST sounds like a really good deal !!
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Thanks, guys I appreciate it. As far as finding salvage bikes, I use"
        http://www.ridesafely.com/
        Costs nothing to join the site. They do cars, bikes, ATVs, most anything that can come through an insurance settlement.

If you bid on a unit, they take a 10% deposit or $400, whichever is higher, then try to buy the bike for you from the insurance company. If the insurance company accepts the offer you fill out paperwork, pay the balance, then make arrangements to pick up your purchase. They have different locations around the country. Read the FAQ at the site.

Right now my offer is "in progress" so we will see what happens. I am the high bidder. If the offer is not accepted you can leave the deposit on the books for future bidding or they will refund it to you, your choice.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.

Comment

Very cool, Jerry ..

Thx the details. I surfed over there and added it to my favs. A possible way to make money while the ecomony is in the tank ....
          80G Mini-bagger
          VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
          79SF eventually dismantled for parts
          79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
          79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
          79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Well, my offer was refused by the insurance co, so I am back to looking. Thanks for the offers; if I bid and get a salvage bike in California I'll be back in contact.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.

Comment

Working...
            X