HAppy Birthday Ivan!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAppy Birthday Ivan!!

You know, growing up in Washington State, there was a store we used to go to called B&I. They had a silverback Gorilla there, among many animals, that eventually got moved to the Atlanta Zoo. He was a big handsome fella named Ivan. Can't help but notice the resemblance.. and think of him when I see your name.

Anyway.. Happy Birthday!

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

I thought IVAN was more of a Venture rider
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Eh, sometimes the family resemblance shows through, especially when I don't shave my back. If there is ever any question between us, you'll know because I always scratch my butt after I pick my nose, Other brother has a tendency to reverse that order. The zoo doesn't let him use thermometers anymore for the same reason.

As far as being a Venture rider, I was here first, and the venture is still in pieces, waiting on some gauges before I can proceed with that. I will keep the XS until I die, I am pretty sure of that. It is my first bike and I still haven't found a bike that has better looks in my book than an XS.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I still haven't found a bike that has better looks in my book than an XS.

Yeah, but I have been reading lately about a guy on here that put CHERRY BOMBS on his bike?! I bet that boosts the resale value! I wonder if that's to make sure he never does sell it?

OOPS.. not supposed to pick on people on their "Special" day am I. lol.

Happy Birthday.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100

Comment

Hey, if push comes to shove, I have another 70's megaphone "muffler" I can hang back on the bike. The header is almost squished flat on the bottom, but looks are everything, right?

For an opening bid of $400 theres a set of Jardine 4-1 on ebay too, anyone want to kick in for a shinny new birthday present for everyones favorite Silverback?

Comment

anyone want to kick in for a shinny new birthday present for everyones favorite Silverback?
            Well heck yes! It is your birthday ya know!? I'll throw in the very first dollar. Mostly pennies is OK isn't it?

Tod

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100

Comment

Happy birthday Ivan. So you haven’t put on the cherry bomb yet. I couldn’t find the number you mentions on their web site. Do they come in chrome or only painted? I was thinking of putting one on my Dyna. Why worry about resale value on something you’re not going to sell?

Bob
              #1 ’79 XS11 Special
              #2 ’79 XS11 Special
              '97 V-Max
              '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                Well heck yes! It is your birthday ya know!? I'll throw in the very first dollar. Mostly pennies is OK isn't it?

Tod
                Pennies are ok if you cover the shipping.

Bob, I think the cherry bomb glass packs are only in red. The paint is cheap and flakes off, kinda like Tod and his pennies. Once I weld a bracket to mine, I am going to bead blast it and hit it with some header paint. I am thinking a dark blue color with goldish accents to match my headers.

Comment

Working...
                X