Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics and vid of bike started for first time in 10-20 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics and vid of bike started for first time in 10-20 years!

Here is not really a chopper, but a restification. Frame off, powdercoat frame and all kinds of other odds and ends, about 98% complete now

I called the owner during the vid so he could hear it run for the first time in who knows how many years- I am guessing 10 years, probably more like 20 years. This bike was bought by a cop at an auction for a project, and he quickly found out he was WAY over his head for his skill level and his workspace, so he gave it to me, and I sold the bike to a customer, and then totally went through every system on the bike. Got hung up for 3 months on the exhaust clamps! I still had to modify the clamps to get them to work- in some things, this bike was REALLY an orphan.

It has some minor follow up work to do, if you listen to the vid, you hear him talking about it not firing on one- that was a mis-adjusted valve. Then it hit GREAT on all four.

I will post another vid when it is buttoned up and off the bike stand!

It already has different bars, more fitting with the cafe' style, and the retro look. The rear light bracket still needs powder coating, and the rear fender needs it's final clear.

One of my best bikes so far, when finished, I hope the guy puts it in the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izuhdD1znJA

This is what it looked like when I drug it home!

[/quote]

Okay- it's tomorow- and it is finished now! Well, more like 96% finished, quite a few things to do yet.

Comment

Pretty sharp lookin'.
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
      X