Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greets to everyone

Greetings everyone,
    I'm new to the forum as well as to my recently aquired XS1100 special, and just wanted to say hello. I must say I do read quite a bit and seldom join a forum unless something about it really catches my eye. I recently read a story about three memebers of this forum who came to the aid of a member who was dying of throat cancer. To the best of my knowledge these gentlemen didn't even personally know the guy. I can't begin to tell you how much this impressed me. Not only did they lend a hand to a fellow bike lover, but they acted without the promise of reward other than the opportunity to help someone in need. These gentlemen have my respect and admiration, I hope I can do as well someday. I've attached a picture of my bike as she is right now. I'm not planning on keeping her stock so her appearance will most certainly change. The sissybar/luggage rack is already off and future plans are in the works. I have access to a full machine shop so hopefully I'll come up with some good stuff. Take care!

Originally posted by Raziael View Post
    Greetings everyone,
    I'm new to the forum as well as to my recently aquired XS1100 special, and just wanted to say hello. I must say I do read quite a bit and seldom join a forum unless something about it really catches my eye. I recently read a story about three memebers of this forum who came to the aid of a member who was dying of throat cancer. To the best of my knowledge these gentlemen didn't even personally know the guy. I can't begin to tell you how much this impressed me. Not only did they lend a hand to a fellow bike lover, but they acted without the promise of reward other than the opportunity to help someone in need. These gentlemen have my respect and admiration, I hope I can do as well someday. I've attached a picture of my bike as she is right now. I'm not planning on keeping her stock so her appearance will most certainly change. The sissybar/luggage rack is already off and future plans are in the works. I have access to a full machine shop so hopefully I'll come up with some good stuff. Take care!
    Hi Raziael and welcome,
    as to helping out, one does what one can, eh?
    Let me be the first to say, you can be an official XS11 site "Bro with machine shop." and suddenly get all manner of new friends.
    BTW, what year of XS11 is that and where are you located? Your profile doesn't say.
    Last edited by fredintoon; 01-21-2009, 03:09 PM.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. Although I have never met another member from the site, I feel that they are all a great group of people. Those guys that went to Sailors aid are definetly to be commended. There are many others who would have helped if they were closer or could have helped in any way. I think you will find a wealth of info here as well as a comraderie that is second to none. We love pics and keep us updated on your bike.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I'm new to the forum as well as to my recently aquired XS1100 special, and just wanted to say hello.
        Hello, welcome. Where are you located?
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Welcome raziel,
          You are right,there are a lot of humble genuine people here.Your gonna love this place.Well I do anyway.
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Welcome to the site, I am a newbie still myself compared to some of the others here. It is really a great group in my opinion. Lots of help when you need it and lots of fun when your just kickin back.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

The bike is an 81 XS1100 special with around 14,500 miles, in great shape for it's age. I wouldn't advise asking me what I paid for it along with the parts bike as I don't want anyone disliking me right from the start. It has been sitting outside in western Oklahoma for two years, tossed aside and neglected after the PO bought a VTX. Two rattle can caps full of gas, all I had at the house the day I unloaded her, and very little coaxing brought her to life once again. A new set of NGK plugs as well as a slight adjustment of the cam chain tensioner so far and she sounds great. On the downside, it looks to have the 1st gear transmission problem as well as a possible splooge hole constriction. As I've already discovered, there is a wealth of information on the forum on how to overcome both of these problems. I'm located in NW Arkansas fairly close to Fayetteville Arkansas which some of you may know as the home for Bikes Blues & BBQ, a local rally that seems to grow larger every year. My last project was an 84 KZ750 that turned out quite well and received many compliments at the rally three years ago. Sadly, someone offered me too much money for it and I had to say goodbye to the KZ... The XS will hopefully get a good steam cleaning this Saturday and if all goes well, the transmission problem will be repaired by next weekend. Once again, I'm glad to be here and I hope to make some good friends along the way.

Gary W.

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Some of us will be in Eureka Springs in May for a memorial ride... so not too far from you...
                You can find info on that here:

South Central Rallies
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

I ride to Eureka a few times a year, actually got married there last October. I don't know that the XS will be done by May, but I can certainly make the ride on one of my other bikes.

Comment

Just curious... What are you going to do with the sissy bar/luggage rack? If you're interested in getting rid of it, let me know.

If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

The sissybar/luggage rack is currently sitting by the bike in the garage, very much in the way. I don't plan to use it, so it's up for grabs at this time. If you'd like pictures, pm me an email and I'll get some out to you. The rear fender and seat will most likely be available as well since I plan to delete them soon.

Comment

A good seat is hard to come by.

The rear fender and seat will most likely be available as well since I plan to delete them soon.
                        Hi Raziael,
                        after some years of looking I finally found a seat to replace the ghastly K.Q.Hb that the dreaded PO had installed. The replacement seat had been custom reupholstered to be lower and flatter than stock (and looks great and was a bargain, thank you Andreas) Anyhow I have no interest in shortening another Special seat by 5/8" as one must to fit a Standard gas tank on a Special but where were you when I needed you?
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                        X