Nice day for a ride.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice day for a ride.

It warmed up a little here in KC today so I cut out of work and fired the bike up. Wow it is so nice to get on the bike and ride.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

So.....

It's still "Day". Why are you in here telling us about it instead of riding!?

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

No doubt!

We were able to get in a couple hundred miles today... Beautiful day!

Glad you had a good one too!
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

I couldnt standit any longer

I got off a little early today.Its 33 degrees here.We just had a couple of warmer days here and melted off a couple feet of snow.We still have a couple feet but the roads are pretty much clear and dry.
        So I fired up the XS and went for a short ride.
        You guys make me jealous down where you can ride most of the winter.
        80 SG XS1100
        14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

I remember Spokane from my high school days. We used to drive over there a couple times a month from the Tacoma area and visit some friends from Lewis and Clark high school. I loved it there.. 4 seasons, instead of mainly rain on the west side of Mt Rainier. We would shoot over to Idaho to buy beer since you only had to be 19 at the time there. We would sneak into some graveyard there at night that went up a mountain.. big lit up cross at the top with a seating area that looked over the city??.. great view. Right up until the cops caught us.. lol.

Is it too cold to ride to the west of you in the desert? All I remember about that part is shooting a 44 mag ( "Borrowed" from my buddy's dad's closet.. lol) into Moses Lake from the highway... at least I THINK it was Moses Lake. lol.

Thinking back.. I was a bit of a hoodlum, ya know? lol. I'm glad I have calmed down and am the picture perfect law-abiding citizen now..

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Yea me and a buddy got run off that mountain one night when we were drinking and driving up the dirt road.Back in about 1980.There used to be some kind of compound up there too.It even had a guard shack.The guy in it came out with a rifle and told us we should turn around and get out of there.Mount ST. Michaels.Is that the place your thinking of?
            If you were a hoodlum back then you would have fit right in with the rest of us.LOL
            Its pretty cold all over this state right now.They have even had the stevens and snoqualmie passes shut down for the last couple of days.
            And yea I did some drinking in Idaho too when I was 19,But I moved to Phoenix for about ten years after high school.So when I came back to Spokane to visit I couldnt drink in Spokane bars till I was 21 so we would drive over there.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

And yea I did some drinking in Idaho too when I was 19
              Yeah, I have been drunk in Coeur D'Alene a few times myself. I grew up right on the Oregon/Idaho border. I was 17 when Idaho changed the drinking age from 19 to 21 Still managed to get the beer when we needed it though .

It's still "Day". Why are you in here telling us about it instead of riding!?
              Well, I had to go get my daughter from school so I had to cut my ride short. I just enjoyed the ride so much that I had to share.
              Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
              '82 XJ1100
              '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
              X