Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of "xschops" old chaindrive bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of "xschops" old chaindrive bike?

Hey fellas i was wondering did xschop post a build thread about his old yamaha that he turned into a chaindrive fat tire bike? I was wanting to see it. I saw that creation he made with the r1 forks and what not. but was wanting to see pic's of the grey one he converted to chain drive.

The reason is, is i'm gonna send my xs to metric customs soon but i have to get a chain drive kit from chop or someone and a wheel to mount on there. I'm wanting a 180-200mm spoke wheel and an old school bobber look. But i need a chaindrive kit and was wanting to see how he set it up on his bike. I'm hardtailing mine and would like to see more pic's of his. Thanks fellas. Josh.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

PM him and go look at it in person!? I've tried calling him the last couple days and he hasn't replied. Maybe spending the holidays in jail? lol. I mean.. I even offered beer on one of the calls!?

I don't know if he's actually gotten started on the second bike. If so, I don't think he's posted any pics yet. Last summer, I seem to remember him saying he only had one chain drive unit left to sell. Not that he can't make more.. but takes time.

We could always just show up at his house, start rolling his bike down the drive, and see if we could get some kind of response from him then? He told me he's engaged... hope that doesn't mean p#$%y-whippped also?

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Yeah i was hoping to buy a chain drive kit this winter. But if i can't find any spoke wheels i might have to just hardtail it with the shaft drive! hahahaha. Anyways, i wonder if he's got any kit's left or if he don't mind making me one.
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Working...
      X