My New Helmet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Helmet!

Actually it's a Skin from Skull Skins dot net. I saw an add in a bike mag and thought it looked cool. It does look cool but it's really hard to see out even thought they claim it only blocks 5% of your view. I'd say more like 40-50% since half the visor decal is perforated and half is opaque. It's very distracting while riding because your looking thru a screen. However, it was a blast to see people and kids reactions. I got lots of thumbs up and waves. Already took it off and I'm not sure if the decal will restick or not. I was gonna buy an extra visor because it was a be-otch getting the decal on the curved surface but the extra visor cost $40. Not a wise investment for my $80 helmet. See what ya think.

And last but not least I got a new 10MP camera and was trying out the Sepia. I kinda dig the look without the red stripes. Next one I do might be all black!

1979 XS11 Special (slightly modified)
    dubbed the "Mad Mosquito"

MikesXs Pod Filters
    MikesXs 35k Coils
    8mm plug wires
    42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
    (Carb tune by GNEPIG Performance)
    Kerker 4-into-1
    Shaved emblems
    Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
    Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
    Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
    Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
    Custom Dual Headlights
    Lots of time and hard work.

"Well, go on..."

Take a pic of you with the helmet on... we want to see what it looks like.

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I thought I was a good looking unit!

I bow to you , Sir.

And like Prom says, why not show off the helmet?

Dan
      Now available in Ugly.
      Automotive Imbecile.
      Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
      '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
      1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

i thought that was you that pulled into the parken lot of my work the other day! Thats an awesome helmet! If i wore a full face i would get one of those! But my dome is to big for a full face! hahahaha!
        Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
          Take a pic of you with the helmet on... we want to see what it looks like.

Man, I really like the way your bike looks. The helmet.....hmmmm...looks good on you. Not sure I could pull that look off.

Don
          currently own;
          1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
          2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtied View Post
            i thought that was you that pulled into the parken lot of my work the other day! Thats an awesome helmet! If i wore a full face i would get one of those! But my dome is to big for a full face! hahahaha!
            Yeah I thought that was you outside. I stole my wifes I-POD and was trying to adjust the volume. Better to pull over to do that! How's your bike doing? I didn't comment on the thread but I like your slammed Chebby too. I used to be into that....then I got married and I'm not that cool anymore.

MikesXs Pod Filters
            MikesXs 35k Coils
            8mm plug wires
            42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
            Kerker 4-into-1
            Shaved emblems
            Custom Dual Headlights

Comment

Originally posted by DJinNH View Post
              ...... Not sure I could pull that look off.

Don

Maybe this would be a better fit? LOL

MikesXs Pod Filters
              MikesXs 35k Coils
              8mm plug wires
              42.5 Pilots 142.5 Mains
              Kerker 4-into-1
              Shaved emblems
              Custom Dual Headlights

Comment

Well those are all pretty funny...wont see me with those though...LOL..I'm sure other people's reactions are worth it but the lack of visibility aint good.Thanks for the lighter side of things... BTW I like the Red stripes
                Last edited by madmax-im; 12-21-2008, 04:28 PM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Bubble View Post
                  Yeah I thought that was you outside. I stole my wifes I-POD and was trying to adjust the volume. Better to pull over to do that! How's your bike doing? I didn't comment on the thread but I like your slammed Chebby too. I used to be into that....then I got married and I'm not that cool anymore.
                  Thanks man. Yeah that was me not working at work (hahaha!). My bike's doing fine. I'm about to tear into it to replace the carb holders new pod filters hardtail chain drive all the cool stuff. Fat tire white walls and APE HANGERS (i know yall hate that so i have to repeat it a bunch!). Hahaha!

Your bike looks just as good as ever! And yeah i love my old chebby. I'm state wide famous for that damn thing tho. It's been on so many dvd's it ain't even funny! hahahaha. Everyone calls it the bignasty tho!

But yeah man stop by sometime i'll give you a discount on parts or cleaning supplies!

P.S.- Did i hear you right that your an insurance dealer? I need some truck insurance on my "chebby" and my other truck as well as my bike. Do you give like a group discount at all? Anyways, just curious thought i'd ask!
                  Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

Working...
                  X