No announcement yet.

Ottawa area lads lunch get together??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your welcome guys. It was good see the group before the holidays and during the off season. By the looks of things outside today it's also a good thing we met up yesterday. I wish everyone a Marry Christmas and GREAT new year.
    Cheers
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Patience Grasshopper

A few days before the 20th ,I came out of my building to find 2 pools under my car . Gas and anti-freeze . Needless to say ,I was pissed. I went to the garage and they had no time for my little problems other that to suggest the worst possible senario of a head gasket leak.
      On Sat I froze my fingers and other things trying to tighten the block heater which is on the front side of the block under the exhaust manifold on my Toyota . I may have got a couple turns on it as it seemed loose. it has a screw head that takes slot ,robertson (2 or 3? ) and maybe even philips but nevertheless was hard to do . I think it was stripped upon installation . I may be leaking less antifreeze .
      The only advice I got for the fuel leak was "fill it up half way only" . That was free .

Stuck in buttf@ck Renfrew ...

Alex

Happy Hollydaze
      XJ1100K
      Avon rubber
      MikesXS black coils
      Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
      MikesXS front master
      Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
      Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
      Progressive fork springs
      CIBIE headlight reflector
      YICS Eliminator

Comment

Hey Alex,

Sorry to hear about you car trouble. We missed you on Saturday. We hope to get together again in the new year. Hope your Hollydaze are trouble free!

Paul

Originally posted by Axel View Post
        A few days before the 20th ,I came out of my building to find 2 pools under my car . Gas and anti-freeze . Needless to say ,I was pissed. I went to the garage and they had no time for my little problems other that to suggest the worst possible senario of a head gasket leak.
        On Sat I froze my fingers and other things trying to tighten the block heater which is on the front side of the block under the exhaust manifold on my Toyota . I may have got a couple turns on it as it seemed loose. it has a screw head that takes slot ,robertson (2 or 3? ) and maybe even philips but nevertheless was hard to do . I think it was stripped upon installation . I may be leaking less antifreeze .
        The only advice I got for the fuel leak was "fill it up half way only" . That was free .

Stuck in buttf@ck Renfrew ...

Alex

Happy Hollydaze
        Paul
        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
        1979 XS1100 Standard
        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Bummer about the car trouble Alex. Hopefully you can get it sorted out sooner rather then later and enjoy the holidays.
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
          X