New member uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member uk

Just thought i would introduce myself,Im Andy from the northeast of England (uk).just got a xj1100 mxim (us import) now for the bit no purist is going to like,i`m in the middle of converting it into a TRIKE for a disabled friend who lost his right wing in a bike wreck 25 years ago.
    started taking this guy(Graham) out on the back of my Triumph early on this year ,he has got the bug back again,we decided a trike was the easy option to get him mobile again and the maxim was probably one of the best donar bikes around.
    Got parts left over as you can imagine willing to trade for info,looking for a supplier of down pipes /headers and a manual.
    sure i will pick up tips all the way

Good on ya!

Great idea and welcome.
    Automotive Imbecile.
    Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
    '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
    1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

MONKEYHANGER,

have you seen this www.benefiscal.co.uk/forum

bit closer to home, and welcome by the way. I pop on here every now and then aswell as a lot of the UK members.

Comment

Hi Andy & welcome,
        I dunno how far along you are with the conversion but IMHO it's far easier to hang a sidecar on a bike that it is to make a trike conversion. Unless it's a foretrike? Just remove the forks and hang the rest of the bike on the steering from a Hillman Imp or other small RWD car and you're done. "Right wing" is right arm? If so he'll be steering one-handed and no matter what style of 3-wheel conversion you're building you'd best lighten up the steering.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hi the trikes a roling chassis(running)just needs shaft ,rear fenders and lights ,then of for msva.then time to finsh my trike,a zl900 eliminator with a bmw m3 rear axle/diff..Andy

Comment

Working...
          X