Say it ain't so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it ain't so...

Woke up this morning and found frost on the car. This can't be happening!!!! where did 'Indian Summer" go? I remember warmer Octobers as a kid, out on Halloween in those flimsy store-bought costumes. I don't want to start a global warming thread , I'm just mad that winter is coming on too fast this year!

Frost

Been frosty here for about 3 weeks now lowest temp so far was 22 f highest in the day was 65 . Got snow in the northern part of New Brunswick 2 days ago DAMMMMM Soon time to say goodnight to Ilean
    Doug
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

I know what you mean. I got out my winter wardrobe yesterday.....long sleeve T-shirts. Went all the way down to 67 last night.
      Mike Giroir
      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
        Woke up this morning and found frost on the car. This can't be happening!!!! where did 'Indian Summer" go? I remember warmer Octobers as a kid, out on Halloween in those flimsy store-bought costumes. I don't want to start a global warming thread , I'm just mad that winter is coming on too fast this year!
        Isnt Indian Summer supposed to begin after the first frost?We've had our first frost down here a few days ago and again this a.m.But you're ready to call it a season anyhow...but not me...granted my long trips are done but the local daytripping is still feasible.In fact today is shaping up to be a good daytripper up to Frenchtown NJ for a spot of lunch and some outrageous PIE!!!!!!
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Frost in the morning is still better than that 80 deg. crap.
          79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
          79 SF parts bike.

Comment

hot and cold

Just returned this morning from Qatar arrived at Tobyhanna at like 0230hrs and damn near froze my assets off scraping the frost off my truck.

It was like going from the frying pan into the Freezer.
            Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
            Owner of:
            1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
            140 mains
            45 pilot jets
            Floats at 24mm
            Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Here in lower Michigan we don't get the snowfall we used to get in the winter. We hardly get any snowfall anymore where I'm at in the Saginaw valley. It does get cold though, but for a lot less duration during the winter and not so hot in the summer. Seems like our seasons are evening out in line with the global warming concept where the season's temperatures slowly even out before any actual global warming occurs.
              My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Hmmm...supposed to get up to 90 degrees here today. Jussayin'
                Hi...my name is Mike, and I'm a lane-splitter.
                '80 XS1100SG (mine)
                '87 CMX450C Rebel (daughter's first bike)

Comment

frosty the motorcycle man

I have had to purchase a leather-face type face cover ( with the nose) for my out of town trips . Along with a fleece lined balaclava and ear plugs under my helmet with the liner .
                  The other day I went out with my Canadian Forces gortex bib overalls over draggin jeans and long underwear . Two pairs of socks in my Irish Setter Gortex Thinsulate boots. I had on a couple of stirts under my CF wool sweater but my arms were cold under my extra-insulation Tough Duck coat . So this is for the 40 deg F range . It got a little warmer this week - up to 50 deg F today so I didnt wear the overalls or the face cover but my body temp was suffering . I'm just 500 kms short of my yearly goal of 10,000 kms so I'm trying to get out when I can . I am also waiting on brake lines to go on yet .
                  XJ1100K
                  Avon rubber
                  MikesXS black coils
                  Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                  MikesXS front master
                  Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                  Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                  Progressive fork springs
                  CIBIE headlight reflector
                  YICS Eliminator

Comment

I haven't posted in a while sine moving to Wyoming and learning the new oil field job. I now live in Lander, Wy. and 2 weeks ago had a record 29 inch snowfall. I don't miss Florida yet!!!!!
                    1981 Eleven Special

Comment

Wow..
                      Been in the 80's out here in the Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia. Shorts and a T'shirt.
                      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Here in Kansas, the snow doesn't melt, it just blows around until it gets worn out.

It has been high 30s and low 40s the last few days, with rain and drizzle. I have rode the bike to work on crisp 35 degree mornings, but the precip has halted that. I don't care how much insulation you have, 45 miles at 70 mph on a 35ยบ morning will make yer bones ache.
                        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I left three weeks ago it was 60's and 70's in Mwaukee. Looks like 40's and 50's for high temps next week.

At least its not snowing yet.

Left Shanghai this morning, sitting in Narita right now lookin at the weather.
                          XS1100SF
                          XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by Axel View Post
                            I have had to purchase a leather-face type face cover ( with the nose) for my out of town trips . Along with a fleece lined balaclava and ear plugs under my helmet with the liner .
                            The other day I went out with my Canadian Forces gortex bib overalls over draggin jeans and long underwear . Two pairs of socks in my Irish Setter Gortex Thinsulate boots. I had on a couple of stirts under my CF wool sweater but my arms were cold under my extra-insulation Tough Duck coat . So this is for the 40 deg F range . It got a little warmer this week - up to 50 deg F today so I didnt wear the overalls or the face cover but my body temp was suffering . I'm just 500 kms short of my yearly goal of 10,000 kms so I'm trying to get out when I can . I am also waiting on brake lines to go on yet .

Hey Alex .. If you want to stay warm for fall riding grab yourself a dry rider suit. Use it even when it's not raining. They are pretty good at keeping the wind and dampness out, are fast to put on and take off.
                            Rob
                            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                            1978 XS500E
                            1979 XS1100F Restored
                            1980 XS1100 SG
                            1981 Suzuki GS1100
                            1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
                            X