No announcement yet.

I'm done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned nothing but antiques. The newest motorcycle I've owned was an '85. I drove it for 14 years w/o ANY kind of mechanical repairs.

I specialize in keeping the old timers running. Cars, bikes what ever.

All of mine are daily drivers, except the GT as it needs the crank split to replace the seals, but it still runs.

I can't afford turn-key anything. I've run myself into a hole on this one, and simply have no more resources to spend on it. That, and it's shaken my confidence to the core.

I am not going to throw money into a bike that won't run right, and hand grenades itself every tune up.

I can no longer afford to run with my 'crowd'.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

"I know I've said it before, but this time I am finished with this Yamaha piece of **

Hi Craz,
      one time my father-in-law & I were changing out the transmission in his car when the tranny fell off the jack and landed on his hand. Now Bill NEVER swore but he did mutter a sentence in Welsh, his first language.
      What was that you said, Bill?
      I said that I wished this car was a horse.
      Why so?
      Because if it was a horse I could beat it and it would suffer.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

xswilly, you can tap it 3/8-16 without doing any drilling. I did mine over a year ago. I did it to just replace the rubber plug. Didn’t tap it very deep and put in a very short bolt with an o-ring on it. This makes it easy to check the tensioner pin depth, before and after adjusting. That tells me how much the pin moved and how close it is to the end of the spring travel. Taping it deeper, putting a lock nut on it, and using it as a backup to hold the pin is a great idea.

HobbyMan, hope things are going well for you. I put 15,000 miles on my XS this year. You pretty much have to jump on and go every day to do that. The only things I had to do to it was routine maintenance (seven oil changes, 3 oil filter changes, and replace both tires). And it’s due for another oil change now. If it wasn’t for trying new ideas and make modifications, routine maintenance is all I would have ever done to it. After saying that I’ll probably break something the next time I ride it.

Bob
        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
        '97 V-Max
        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Hey Craz

I understand how ya feel these bikes can make ya crazy. i rode mine all the time this yr ran like a champ took her out few days ago and that was it had a compression ring go south.
          so now its rebuild time sometime ya just need to close the doro for a while and walk back once mind has cleared .I use to have an Old 33 IHC pu with a Hilbourn injected 392 hemi lol it would take 6 hrs of tuning to drive for 4. what ever you decide to do is your choice and like i said i understand., good luck.

John
          79 XS1100SF 750 FD,Galfer Brake lines,ebc brake pads,Cross Drilled Rotors,TKat fork brace,bead blasted wheels repainted and polished
          80 XS1100 S Project gonna be a hot rod
          06 CBR1000RR sold!!!!!
          2000 Concours
          84 Kawi KLR600
          79 Yam XT500 Ouch it kicks back
          79 XR250
          Why is it that the smallest part can fly to the farthest part of the shop?
          John

Comment

Working...
          X