Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever heard of this? "Bakken"

Ever heard of the Bakken Formation?

If the following article is true, what the hell are we waiting for?
    Start drilling.

GOOGLE it or follow this link. It will blow your mind.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

The words are iffy

This day and age these newsmedia people use words that are questionable to everyday folks like you and me. The term "technically recoverable" stuck out at me all through the article. To me that means that on paper they can get that much oil there. Also if it ever does happen i would guess they get less than half of what they said they would get the first time they guessed at it.

NEWS MEDIA CIRCUS
    Romans 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

JESUS LOVES ALL OF YOU FOLKS

Comment

What we are waiting for is the technology to recover that oil. The way it is now, it would take more energy to get at it than it would supply. It's the "Lose weight without diet or exercise" scheme of the energy field. Theoretically great, realistically not feasible. It's the "I did a thousand dollars worth of work to get this $200 bike running" idea.
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Technically recoverable oil resources are those producible using currently available technology and industry practices. USGS is the only provider of publicly available estimates of undiscovered technically recoverable oil and gas resources.
        I take that to mean that it can in fact be done right now. Read further on and you'll see that it is already being drilled.
        I heard about his somewhere else also. I believe Canada is going after this on their side and we weren't because of the environmental concerns.

This leads me to wonder if I can heat my house this year burning plastic bags. I'll let you know what I find.
        79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
        07 V-star 1100
        Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Working...
        X