intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro

hi just bought an xs11 from suicide silence aka Dan. I have a different plan for the bike than most here but it seems to be a great place for tech info. I like to build chops from what ever bikes I can get my hands on. I have two frame jigs, a fully equipped machine shop, powdercoating, chroming, parkerizing, polishing, paint and airbrush, miller sycrowave 200, lincon promig 135, victor o&a journeyman. I hope to be able contribute to the site.

Welcome to the site. There are several members here who like to chop the bikes and have done a very nice job of it so you are not alone. Where are you located? So you have access to chroming and powdercoating equipment. You could be everyone's best new friend. lol.
    Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Welcome to the site!

There is a wealth of info here about our bikes.

There haven't been many that have choppered theirs, but there are a few who have modded it quite a lot. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!

Sounds like you have a lot of nice toys with which to accomplish the task!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I live in Lock Haven, PA. I am not making a long chop out of it probably just hardtail it add a new front (girder, springer, or leafer). Looking towards the leafer. slicing the oem tank and shrinking the rear. New seat pan. A single headlight with a corbin lopro dyna visor. new rear fender. maybe some clubman bars. dakota digital speedo/tach. paint rims as da bubble did and a gloss black frame and tins. New forwards. Hydro clutch ...As with everything this will take a long time but its what i want. Let me do my bike so you can guage my work for yourself.

Comment

selfmade, Welcome to the site, and don't worry about what you want to do. It's YOUR bike and YOU are the one riding it!!
          We like almost all the pictures that have been posted, except for one bike that was just taken down below the gutter. The lines and riding are up to the owner, and the nice part is the bike will STILL run with the "big hogs", and kick some a$$ in the process. We don't mind picture of the project, as some of us need to live through the abilities and visions of the few that CAN build a nice machine.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

diver ray,

thanks for the word of encouragement. i will take pictures and make detailed post of what i do. I see you are in santa cruz county. I had a house over in milpitas before i moved.

Comment

I think my first tech post will concern cleaning a shop and organizing as I have 7 projects going and just moved to a new house. My garage has no storage or benches built yet. I just wired up the electric so no lights even. This will be fun.

Comment

i have enjoyed the profile of this bike in pics but i think this is where i am going with the xs...http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/sh...t=61953&page=2

I hope linking is not against the rules. there a many good pics of where i am going and would hate to have to copy them to here.

Comment

chris just came and got the bike today, I feel bad for selling it but its something i had to do. I also know that chris will be able to do what i wanted to do and possibly even more. So thanks for all the info guys and good luck chris.
                  81 xs1100 special

Comment

Working...
                  X