The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Upgrade

It look's more 21st. Century however without sounding stupid, who pay's for all this stuff? Thank's for the site and the upgrade.
    81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

Ok, got the browse feature to work, don't know what I did, but it's all good. Thanks Wes, TC.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hodges View Post
        It look's more 21st. Century however without sounding stupid, who pay's for all this stuff? Thank's for the site and the upgrade.
        The only thing this cost was a lot of my time.

The forum package was paid for by JP, using (I assume) donations to the site. The rest is free, open source software.

Not that there aren't other expenses related to the site, like hosting and such. But as far as the upgrade, I did it all without concern for being paid for it. Hell, it's been a great learning experience for me if anything.

I saw it as a way to give back to one of my favorite sites. You don't want any of my motorcycle advice, for sure.
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Computers And Motors

Originally posted by JWSanders View Post
          The only thing this cost was a lot of my time.

The forum package was paid for by JP, using (I assume) donations to the site. The rest is free, open source software.

Not that there aren't other expenses related to the site, like hosting and such. But as far as the upgrade, I did it all without concern for being paid for it. Hell, it's been a great learning experience for me if anything.

I saw it as a way to give back to one of my favorite sites. You don't want any of my motorcycle advice, for sure.
          I for one certainly appreciate your work here because it's a great site and I enjoy it very much. Personally, I'm good at building race car's and motors but I'm dumb as a rock when it comes to computers.
          81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

Pictures Missings

Can someone help me find the missing photos...I was looking at the Modifications forum, Transmission / Final Drive Transplant Kudos 2 XSChop and the pictures are missing. What do I need to do to pull-up the photos; or is this a link problem? I was going to swap out my final drive next week and would like to see some pictures. Thanks
            '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
            Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
            '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
            Stan Hutchison

Comment

new site

congratulations to everyone who helped with the new look site.Looks really good.

Regards
              Martin .
              goldfinger

Comment

This new site looks great. Thanks to all who helped get it going. I am sure it is a good feeling watching Bots try and register and fail!!!
                1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Originally posted by shutchis View Post
                  Can someone help me find the missing photos...I was looking at the Modifications forum, Transmission / Final Drive Transplant Kudos 2 XSChop and the pictures are missing. What do I need to do to pull-up the photos; or is this a link problem? I was going to swap out my final drive next week and would like to see some pictures. Thanks
                  That tip is available using the menus at the top of every page on the site. XS11 info, tech tips, modifications, transmission

This is the direct link to it....

http://www.xs11.com/index.php/xs11-i...usive-6th-gear

It appears the photobucket pics are dead now. That's a big reason why we wanted to move the tech tips here to the site. Photobucket pics can disappear randomly, or if the user cancels their account with them.
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Thanks for the link. I love the new website look. Note: I tried the link at the top of the Modifications/Transmissions/etc. page and I got a webpage 404 error. Oh well, I'm happy. I won the ebay rear-end differential for $27 and look forward to swapping out the drive on my XS1100 midnight special.

I made this mod to my XJ1100 and it's a nice change. Lowering the rpms at cruising speeds helps lower the fuel costs. Thanks for the full link to the pictures. Stan H.
                    '80 XS1100LG Midnight Special
                    Looks like an '82 Maxim, Fuel Injected
                    '82 XJ1100J, Fuel Injected
                    Stan Hutchison

Comment

My other bike forum (ST Owners) uses the same software. When you hover over a thread title you can read the first sentence or two to see if it's something your interested in prior to opening that thread up. Can't seem to do that here? or maybe it works differently?
                      80 SG
                      81 SH in parts
                      99 ST1100
                      91 ST1100

Comment

This is getting me a little nuts. I keep getting logged out automatically even though I checked the 'remember me' box when I log in. And, yes, I log out and clear cookies each time I log out. So what's up? Anyone else having this problem? I just got logged out in the middle of writing a long PM, and it was very frustrating to have to do it over. Help?

Comment

log

nope randy mine works fine i do the same as you
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold
                          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Randy, I'm sorry you're having problems. Lets see if we can get them figured out.

Just so you know, I have been logged in on 3 different browsers (on my home PC) since last Sunday with none releasing me. (FF, IE6, and Google Chrome) also, my laptop's login (using IE7) has been persistent as well.

What browser are you using? Do you have any ad blockers or 3rd party cookie or security managers running? Also, if using IE, do you have any 3rd party toolbars installed (like yahoo or google)?

BTW, you shouldn't have to clear cookies after each logout, just once to reset the cookie domain and sync all the cookies. The whole site drops off at least 8-12 cookies for various functions, like the main site's graphics preferences, the gallery, the forums has 3 or 4 itself, etc.

It just occurred to me too: are you using the logout feature and seeing that it clears your cookies or did you go to your internet browser's controls and clear cookies? Logging out of the forums only clears the forums' cookies not everything else. At least, until they have all been synced by a full clearing.
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Comment

!Done but with errors on the page.

I sign out every time and the cookies clear, and I use the remember me check box. I went to my internet controls and cleared all Cookies, Temp files, History and Forms. Now after signing in; when I go to a forums page; I get the above message. Down in the lower left hand corner there is an upside down yield sign with an exclamation point that tells me the page is loaded but with errors. Any thoughts or advice on this? Other than that I have had no problems with logging in or anything else.
                              2-79 XS1100 SF
                              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                                I sign out every time and the cookies clear, and I use the remember me check box. I went to my internet controls and cleared all Cookies, Temp files, History and Forms. Now after signing in; when I go to a forums page; I get the above message. Down in the lower left hand corner there is an upside down yield sign with an exclamation point that tells me the page is loaded but with errors. Any thoughts or advice on this? Other than that I have had no problems with logging in or anything else.
                                Those are page parsing errors and are usually cause by several elements on the page not displaying correctly, or syntax errors and such in the page's code. I've slowly been trying to wipe them out but some are related to using code to handle multiple browser types that cause errors in other browsers.

In short, they won't affect much. You'll find that many sites have them.

Edit: in fact, I just fixed the one that was giving errors for the forums. (1 down, dozens to go )
                                80 XS1100SG
                                81 XS400SH

Comment

Working...
                                X