X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oh, I don't like this format already!"

Sad, really.
    I mean... I went back to TRBIG's page.
    I felt a wave of emotions wash over me... seeing TRBIG's "FRIEND" box being all empty.
    And there... in the corner... was the plaintive plea,
    "Befriend TRBIG".
    How sad, thought I... even a computer program feels sorry for him and has to put the bite on others just so this poor sap can have friends.

I wept tears... like I often do for the homeless, the downtrodden...

As we all know of my compassionate nature... I felt compelled to help poor TRBIG in his hour of lonely need.
    So, TRBIG...
    I shall have pity upon you, and register to be your first, and probably only friend.
    In honor of this, let me quote from "The Wrath of Khan".
    "I have been, and always shall be, your friend."
    (Yes, Spock was dying when he said that... and I feel the same way now)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

"I take it all back!"

Just went back to TRBIG's page... to check on our "friendship".

It stated that my friendship with TRBIG is "PENDING".

Pending?

Pending?

Well, ain't that a kick in the groin!
      I offer my hand in friendship... and he gets to decide whether it's good enough for him?

New format... BAH!

J.W.... where's the delete button here?

Comment

***trbig has not made any friends yet***

That's because he doesn't play well with others!

I actually did have a friend on there for a while.. but didn't care for everyone else being able to see who that was. Too much of an embarrassment for them I felt. Since I deleted them.. I haven't heard back.. so they are probably relieved.

But YOU dear Prometheus... I will carry the weight of humiliation.. when others point and laugh and say "You're friends with HIM!?!? HAHAHAHA!!!" I will lower my head in shame. I won't actually nod in acknowledgement.. but I will leave the albatross around my neck so that your poor soul can say that once in your life... just once... someone said they were a friend.

Just don't ask for any money...
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

A small thing...

When you open your buddy list, it shows all the avatars with that box checked to show them. If you UNcheck that and click save changes.. next time I go back in, it has that box checked again and shows the avatars again. It isn't saving that change.

No biggie... but just thought I'd let you know..

Tod
          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100
          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

That's because he doesn't play well with others!
            That's odd....
            He does so well when he's playing with himself.

Oh, and Friend TRBIG...
            I wouldn't want that albatross hanging around your neck to get lonely...
            So let me offer to put my hands around your neck, as well.

And another thing, J.W. ...
            That whole "Leave a message" business on people's pages...
            Hmmm....
            I don't like that fact that other people can read people's personal messages.
            I went to WildKat's page to check for nude photos and there was a very personal message to her from her hubby, John.
            What is this stuff... are we now on some sort of "Face-Book" or "My Space" fad?
            One thing I've learned about these "personal space" accounts is that one shouldn't leave messages that others can read.
            The second thing I've learned is that on the internet, the boys are boys, the girls are boys, and the really young girls are FBI agents(or that pest Chris Hansen from Dateline)
            If this is the wave of the future, I'd much rather drown in the ebbing tide of the past. (At least there'd be a few tidal pools where I could hang out with the other crabs)
            Nope, don't like the new format at all.

Comment

Excellent Job Gentlemen!

Thank you!

Paul
              Paul
              1983 XJ1100 Maxim
              1979 XS1100 Standard
              1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

LOL, you guys kill me.....

Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
                Just went back to TRBIG's page... to check on our "friendship".

It stated that my friendship with TRBIG is "PENDING".

Pending?

Pending?

Well, ain't that a kick in the groin!
                I offer my hand in friendship... and he gets to decide whether it's good enough for him?

New format... BAH!

J.W.... where's the delete button here?
                Wouldn't it be better to let them accept it, believing they have made a new friend, then remove them from your friends list....crushing their hopes and dreams?

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                A small thing...

When you open your buddy list, it shows all the avatars with that box checked to show them. If you UNcheck that and click save changes.. next time I go back in, it has that box checked again and shows the avatars again. It isn't saving that change.

No biggie... but just thought I'd let you know..

Tod
                Hmm, I'll look into that....

Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
                That's odd....
                He does so well when he's playing with himself.

Oh, and Friend TRBIG...
                I wouldn't want that albatross hanging around your neck to get lonely...
                So let me offer to put my hands around your neck, as well.

And another thing, J.W. ...
                That whole "Leave a message" business on people's pages...
                Hmmm....
                I don't like that fact that other people can read people's personal messages.
                I went to WildKat's page to check for nude photos and there was a very personal message to her from her hubby, John.
                What is this stuff... are we now on some sort of "Face-Book" or "My Space" fad?
                One thing I've learned about these "personal space" accounts is that one shouldn't leave messages that others can read.
                The second thing I've learned is that on the internet, the boys are boys, the girls are boys, and the really young girls are FBI agents(or that pest Chris Hansen from Dateline)
                If this is the wave of the future, I'd much rather drown in the ebbing tide of the past. (At least there'd be a few tidal pools where I could hang out with the other crabs)
                Nope, don't like the new format at all.
                That visitor message is a bit different than a PM. It's more like a comments section for someone's profile. Looks like that may be a source of some confusion....
                80 XS1100SG
                81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Ok, I finally have a question, or comlplaint? Is it my imagination, or does the new site automatically log you out after a predetermined period of inactivity? i find myself having to re-log in A LOT.

Comment

photo album

Wes, is there an easier way to download photos into the personal photo album, perhaps with Photobucket? The "browse" feature causes my IE to crash (Vista), and typing the file path is a PITA.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

I am sorry guys, I am need to put in another huge complaint. I don't know who else is having this problem. I don't know what to do about it. It is very serious. I can't close this site. For some reason, when I try to click the "x," I can't do it. There are lots of cool things to look at. All these new features are distracting me all the time. Somehow, instead of sleeping at night, I find myself lurking around this site. Is anyone else having this problem?
                      United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                      If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                      "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                      "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                      Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders View Post
                        In the last hour I have watched several spambots try to register and fail. Then leave. Oh happy day!!
                        Happy,Happy...Joy,Joy!!!Its good to keep the riff raff at bay...my hats' off to you JW.This site now resembles others that i frequent with all the new features and smileys...there are many more smileys that could be added as wellNow I gotta figure out how to create an album
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by HobbyMan View Post
                          I am sorry guys, I am need to put in another huge complaint. I don't know who else is having this problem. I don't know what to do about it. It is very serious. I can't close this site. For some reason, when I try to click the "x," I can't do it. There are lots of cool things to look at. All these new features are distracting me all the time. Somehow, instead of sleeping at night, I find myself lurking around this site. Is anyone else having this problem?
                          Yeah I'm having the same "problem"
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                            Ok, I finally have a question, or comlplaint? Is it my imagination, or does the new site automatically log you out after a predetermined period of inactivity? i find myself having to re-log in A LOT.
                            Are you clicking the "Remember Me" button when you log in? If not, It will log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you are, then try logging out, clearing your cookies, and then logging back in with the remember me enabled.

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                            Wes, is there an easier way to download photos into the personal photo album, perhaps with Photobucket? The "browse" feature causes my IE to crash (Vista), and typing the file path is a PITA.
                            Unfortunately, there isn't. I'm not sure why that would make your browser crash, but I'd bet it's Vista related. Vista is a giant turd. If you want, I can post them for you. Or possibly, you could get Firefox and try using that. Send me a PM and I'll send you my email address so I can get them and put them on for you.
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Private messages

Well, it appears that the "check message length" option is no longer available for private messages.

However, unlike before, you can now preview a PM before you send it. (yay!)

If the message is too long it will tell you when you preview it.
                              80 XS1100SG
                              81 XS400SH

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                                Hey Phil,

Instead of typing your location of your photos on your computer, try using the windows file explorer to find your image, and copy the location text when you right click to view file PROPERTIES or Address bar, but just noticed you'll still need to type in the actual FILE NAME, but at least the rest would already be copied, ready for pasting!? ie.
                                C:\Documents and Settings\CURTIS\My Documents\Bike\Photos

then paste it into the upload window!? JAT?
                                T.C.
                                T. C. Gresham
                                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                                History shows again and again,
                                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                                X