No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it a lot!I like those popup boxes too that let you preview topics before going in.
    Thanks for the great site.I too will drop a little in the donation box,its been a while since I did.
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Sadly, I still prefer the old site so far. I will get used to this one, but I knew my way around the other. Now I'm like a blind guy you rearranged the furniture on...

So now that there's no buttons next to anyone's name to PM them, how do you do this without simply having an old message from them to reply to? Do you have to manually type in their username to PM them? Even clicking on their name to check out their personal data doesn't get a PM button anywhere. Does this site have the 2500 word limit also? There isn't the option on this one to check message length before hitting the send button. I liked the "Send a PM" option that the old site had.

Also.. on another note.. I am haing trouble logging in at work. (Yeah I know.. then get back to work) I sign in and it says thank you for signing in.. then directs me right back to the sign in page. If I go to one of the forums, it shows me as signed on at the top, but if I ever try to post something or go to my User CP, it sends me right back to the sign in page again. Even if I click on the log out button in the main page, it still shows me signed on in the forums. Obviously.. sometimes when I sign in it works since I am posting this.

One more thing... I had the option to stay signed on at the old site. Whenever the comp was at the XS11 site, I was automatically logged on. When you sign on here, is the "Remember me" option the same as this? I can't find that option elsewhere.

Thanks

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

And another thing.. lol.

I also don't like that if you click on someone's name to check them out, they KNOW you did, and that you can see who their friends are or that they can see who mine are. We've lost a bit of the anononymity that we had. Now when you go around looking at new people, you look like a frikkin stalker.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Looking Good

This site looks great!!! Easy to manouver and nice and fresh looking . So far so good. Great job everyone.
          Wayne
          80 XS1100 SG "Phoenix"

"We are the type of band that if we moved in next door to you...Your lawn would die"
          Lemmy from Motorhead

Comment

Great job i was starting to go in to with draws too.Man the new site rocks .
            Edward / Tn

Comment

Well with the new site someone started this......
              http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=46...X&altl=Tboefst..

And for a running mate,a moose hunter and A Hilarys the man attitude..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJRyWDwGG-4
              '80 XS1100 SG
              Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Thanks

JW, TC and all who helped,
                Thankyou! I love the new look! I'll be surfing around here for hours!
                Tdog
                '81 H

Comment

Wow!

Very NICE! Great job, thank you for your hard work. Kind of scared me when I couldn't click on my Favorites list and go to the site. All better now.
                  1979XS1100SF
                  K&N's and drilled airbox
                  Jardine 4in1
                  Dunlop Elite 3's
                  JBM slide diaphragms
                  142.5 main jets
                  45 pilot jets
                  T.C.'s fusebox & SOFA
                  750/850 FD mod.
                  XV 920 Needle Mod.
                  Mike's XS plastic floats set at 26mm
                  Venture Cam Chain Tensioner

Comment

Originally posted by mitch View Post
                    Ok a couple I used to be able to delete the threads every day and come back and only see whats new. Is that still available ? I also don't see where you could add a pic is that feature gone now in the individual threads ?
                    Thanks
                    Doug
                    There is a new posts menu item at the top of the forum list. The boards should keep track of all that you've read and only show you new posts using that link.

To get the process started, you can also go to the quick links menu and click "mark all forums read". From then on, each time you visit go to the "New posts" link and all you should see are threads with posts you haven't read yet.

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                    I love it. The new site is awesome, and I like the editing/posting tools a LOT better. I did notice that, when I go into the classifieds there are some error messages that pop up. Seems to be a problem in com_adsmanager.php, lines 1835-1837.
                    Yeah, I'm seeing that now too. It wasn't there yesterday. Gotta love bugs...they crawl right out of the woodwork.

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                    Sadly, I still prefer the old site so far. I will get used to this one, but I knew my way around the other. Now I'm like a blind guy you rearranged the furniture on...

So now that there's no buttons next to anyone's name to PM them, how do you do this without simply having an old message from them to reply to? Do you have to manually type in their username to PM them? Even clicking on their name to check out their personal data doesn't get a PM button anywhere. Does this site have the 2500 word limit also? There isn't the option on this one to check message length before hitting the send button. I liked the "Send a PM" option that the old site had.

Also.. on another note.. I am haing trouble logging in at work. (Yeah I know.. then get back to work) I sign in and it says thank you for signing in.. then directs me right back to the sign in page. If I go to one of the forums, it shows me as signed on at the top, but if I ever try to post something or go to my User CP, it sends me right back to the sign in page again. Even if I click on the log out button in the main page, it still shows me signed on in the forums. Obviously.. sometimes when I sign in it works since I am posting this.

One more thing... I had the option to stay signed on at the old site. Whenever the comp was at the XS11 site, I was automatically logged on. When you sign on here, is the "Remember me" option the same as this? I can't find that option elsewhere.

I also don't like that if you click on someone's name to check them out, they KNOW you did, and that you can see who their friends are or that they can see who mine are. We've lost a bit of the anononymity that we had. Now when you go around looking at new people, you look like a frikkin stalker.

Tod

Don't trip over that chair!

If you click on the user name at the top of every post you will get a popup box with several options like PM'ing them and such. If you click on the user name in the who's online box it will take you to their profile page, where you also have a link to send them a PM. You can also add them as a friend, and then you'll have a list of friends you can use to make it easier to send them messages.

We decided to up the character limit to 5000 for PM's now. I do not know what happens if you exceed that. I will have to write a book or something and send it to TC and see what happens. Besides him dying of boredom reading my hackneyed writing, that is.

I do know there have been some issues with logging in and out. Logging out, then clearing your cookies, then logging back in should reset everything. If that doesn't work, let me know. Yes, the "Remember me" is supposed to keep you logged in indefinitely. There may be a conflict with that from multiple locations. I'll check that out too.

The list showing who's read your profile is not persistent (i.e. it doesn't last more than a day or so), but I can see where that might make you look like a stalker. Stop stalking people!

I have not found the section of the options where that is controlled yet. These new forums have so many freakin configuration settings it will probably take a few weeks to get it all sorted out. Please bear with me, we'll get it all figured out in time.

By the way everyone, this post was made using the "multiquote" feature. It's very handy for replying to several posts at a time. To use it, just click the "multiquote" button at the bottom of each post you want to reply to, then when you click "post reply" all the posts you quoted will be in the reply automatically. A very handy feature.
                    80 XS1100SG
                    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Great job Wes! You da man...

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders View Post
                        It's alive!!!!

If any of you are using odd browsers and have layout issues, let me know as well. I have tested everything on FireFox, IE, and Google Chrome. So far, so good!

One issue I do know about is the photo gallery - the first time you go to "your album" you will get an error. It has to create a folder and such for your gallery, and it takes longer to do it than it does to go to the link. Just go back in your browser, wait a few seconds, then try again. It will work then.

Not happening for me. Unless I am doing something wrong.
                        I checked several times, it errors out always.
                        XS1100SF
                        XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by oseaghdha View Post
                          [/B]
                          Not happening for me. Unless I am doing something wrong.
                          I checked several times, it errors out always.
                          I have just changed the cookie settings for the gallery.

Logout, clear your cookies, then log back in. Hopefully that will clear it up.
                          80 XS1100SG
                          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Thanks Tod, now I already have a stalker!
                            http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

You can now post images of whatever size you like now. They will automatically be resized to 640x480 and link to the full sized image.

A small popup tag will show if the image has been resized.

No one noticed that but me, eh?
                              80 XS1100SG
                              81 XS400SH

Comment

"Checked it out for myself."

There's a lot of truth to what TRBIG says:
                                I also don't like that if you click on someone's name to check them out, they KNOW you did, and that you can see who their friends are or that they can see who mine are.
                                But he's not telling the whole truth.
                                The last part of his statement is false, ("...who their friends are or that they can see who mine are) as on TRBIG's personal page, it also states that:
                                ***trbig has not made any friends yet***

This should come as no suprise to anyone.
                                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
                                X