No announcement yet.

The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The little preview boxes, I think your stuck with those. But it lets you see the thread without have to open it, I like it.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

In the last hour I have watched several spambots try to register and fail. Then leave. Oh happy day!!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Most Awesome!! And Please raise a brew, and a "Toast" to all for the hard work.

Thanks - Doo-Daa

Comment

I'm liking it! Looks real good folks, a sincere thanks and a job well done to all involved in this transformation of my favorite internet site. me gusta mucho, have a nice day and ride safe
          I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

I like the new site. Great Job to all that worked on it. Thank You.

Ozz
            Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
            Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
            Pod Filters
            DynoJet Kit
            T.C.'s Fuse Block
            Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
            Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
            V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Fresh Paint!

Nice job! (he writes whilst trying not to touch the walls and benches to see if they're dry).

It's a bit overwhelming right now but I do have a question:
              Uh, how do I change my avatar/message-image-thing picture?

I can change/edit just about everything except that photo and, of course, the picture gallery. I bet it's in or linked with the gallery somewhere?

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Hey Scott,

When you click on User CP button at the top, in your Control Panel, there are a bunch of EDIT options on the left hand side, find Edit Avatar, and there you go!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

i just want to say yaaaaaayyyyyy........its a beautiful thing to see congrats and thanx for all the work you have done its great
                  when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
                  '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
                  '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
                  '78 Cadillac Seville
                  Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                    Nice job! (he writes whilst trying not to touch the walls and benches to see if they're dry).

It's a bit overwhelming right now but I do have a question:
                    Uh, how do I change my avatar/message-image-thing picture?

I can change/edit just about everything except that photo and, of course, the picture gallery. I bet it's in or linked with the gallery somewhere?

Regards,

Scott
                    The picture gallery is accessible by the link in the menu in the top of the page. It's a seperate feature of the site and is going to be a place for everyone to show off their bikes.

As far as the avatars go, I have just corrected the settings. You should be able to upload one now.
                    80 XS1100SG
                    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

post preview boxes

This new site rocks! Nice work and thanks to all. Just wanted to know if I can disable the post preview boxes? I have them shut of on my browser but they still pop up. I'm running IE on Vista.
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thank you, T.C. and J.W., it works now!

Regards,

Scott
                        -- Scott
                        _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                        1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                        1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                        1979 XS1100F: parts
                        2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
                          This new site rocks! Nice work and thanks to all. Just wanted to know if I can disable the post preview boxes? I have them shut of on my browser but they still pop up. I'm running IE on Vista.
                          Yeah, I found that annoying too. It wouldn't be so bad if it just popped up over the link rather then the whole box. For now, I have turned it off.
                          80 XS1100SG
                          81 XS400SH

Comment

Awesome, Wes! I guess I'm just not used to them. Kinda like watching closed captioning TV. Some members probably like them though.
                            2H7 (79)
                            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders View Post
                              Yeah, I found that annoying too. It wouldn't be so bad if it just popped up over the link rather then the whole box. For now, I have turned it off.
                              Aw shucks...

That's one feature I really liked. Saves me time. The best compromise is to make it so the tool tip doesn't activate over the box but only over the link itself.

That and the "new posts" feature of the software were what I liked most at the vmax forum site compared to this one. Can these be CP preferences?
                              1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                              1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                              1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                              1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                              1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                              1982 XS650
                              1980 XS1100g
                              1979 XS1100sf
                              1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Awesome job guys! I love the new look. I know this did not come cheap and I can't find the old link to add funds to support the site. I will certainly help kick in with some dinero for this worthy cause. I really missed the site while it was down....did not realize how much I was on it before
                                2-79 XS1100 SF
                                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                                X