Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW XS11.com Site and FORUMS!

IT's DONE!! YEAH!!

First, I want to extend a tremendous THANKYOU and Job WELLDONE to JW Sanders for all of his hard work on this project over this last year, and especially this weekend! He's worked non-stop both yesterday(Saturday) and today, doing the massive upgrade job! Cudos also to Wildkat and others who assisted in the graphics work. I helped a little with some of the importing and formatting of tech tips and such first to the Betasite, where Wes could then import them back into the updated new main site!

There are a lot of new features of the site and Forums, it may take some getting used to, but hopefully folks will be able to adapt and enjoy these new features.

It is requested that folks post any problems...ie. like things not working right here in this thread vs. PM'ing Wes or ME!

ALSO, would be nice for folks to provide any compliments you feel like sharing towards Wes....he really deserves 95% of the credit for the upgrade!!!!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Good to have the site back, Great new look! Congrats and thanks to all who played a part.

Comment

It's alive!!!!

If any of you are using odd browsers and have layout issues, let me know as well. I have tested everything on FireFox, IE, and Google Chrome. So far, so good!

One issue I do know about is the photo gallery - the first time you go to "your album" you will get an error. It has to create a folder and such for your gallery, and it takes longer to do it than it does to go to the link. Just go back in your browser, wait a few seconds, then try again. It will work then.
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Very cool! Looks great so far.
        Learning more every day!
        Great job!
        Rodger
        RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Great

Very nice i was just going into withdrawl
          Good to have the site back .looks great
          Doug Mitchell
          82 XJ1100 sold
          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

"A note of thanks."

Great job to all concerned!
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

New and Improved

Great job guys!Love the new look too.A photo album?Cool idea...cant wait to start an album...Thanks for all the hard work.One thing I notice right off is that myXSive title is missing...you know those titles based on one's post count...
              Last edited by madmax-im; 10-12-2008, 06:00 PM.
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

calendar shows December 2006.
                "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Great job guys!Love the new look too.A photo album?Cool idea...cant wait to start an album...Thanks for all the hard work.One thing I notice right off is that myXSive title is missing...you know those titles based on one's post count...
                  AH ha! I knew there was something I missed (I'm sure there will be others)

I'll have that fixed shortly...
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Thanks for the upgrade. The upgrade makes the site a lot like the vmaxforum.net site. This forum software has a lot of nice features.
                    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
                    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
                    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
                    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
                    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
                    1982 XS650
                    1980 XS1100g
                    1979 XS1100sf
                    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Hooray!!!

Great job!!! I also was going through withdrawls. I never realized how much time I spent on here until I could not.
                      Dave
                      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Looks great. like the new looks...And what they said... good to be able to get my XS.com fix back on.
                        Dan
                        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Originally posted by prometheus578 View Post
                          calendar shows December 2006.
                          Living in the Past again Prom?!

Okay, the range was set for 2000-2006, I reset it for 2008-2015. When I went back to it in the Forums, it showed Dec. 2015. You can select in the lower right corner to jump to a certain date/year, and it should then STAY there due to your cookies. There wasn't a place to make a choice for a default display...like show current Date Month??
                          T.C.
                          T. C. Gresham
                          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                          History shows again and again,
                          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

forum browsing

When browsing the forums, these annoying white text boxes keep popping up all over the place. This is driving me crazy. Any idea how to turn them off?
                            2H7 (79)
                            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

wow, this has a new look and still has the feel of the old site. great job to all. man is there a lot of new stuff
                              80 xs1100G

Comment

Working...
                              X