Kerker 4-into-1
    Shaved emblems
    Progressive frt springs lowered 1.5"
    Progressive 11.5" rear shocks
    Harley Dyna rear fender chopped
    Custm side mt tag (apparently illegal)
    Custom Dual Headlights
    Lots of time and hard work.

The 83 up until about 88 Honda Magna V65 1100 was very fast, not the V45 700. It was beat down by the 85 V-Max though. By the 90's they de-tuned the Magnas.
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

I used to have a 1994 Magna. It was just as fast as the XS, but it has the worst fuel mileage ever! Loved it, but hated it at the same time so it went bye bye. If i was ever going to shop for a new bike i would either get the Yamaha Raider or 2009 V-max
      1978 XS1100E Standard
      Kerker Exhaust
      Tkat Fork Brace

On Hold
      TopCat S.O.F.A. + Fuse Block
      Mike's XS Pod FIlters

Comment

dude that is no way near as fast!!! here are the specs on that pig... stock xs would spank the jesus out of it!!!

[edit] Magna 750 (1994-2003)

1999 Honda MagnaThe 'Power Cruisers' category that had been occupied by the Kawasaki Eliminator and the Yamaha V-Max, (as well as the 1980s Magnas), was bolstered in 1993 with the Magna 750. As an early release 1994 model, Honda sought to capture the market for powerful cruisers by lifting the engine from the VFR750 and slotting it in a cruiser chassis. The engine itself was beautified by the addition of chrome and some extra fins, and by the chromed 4 into 4 exhaust. The seat was kept very low, at 28 inches, with the passenger seat being detachable. The all new frame was complemented by 41 mm forks, dual shocks, and a single disc on the front. A drum brake was used on the rear. A few internal changes were made to the VFR engine for use in the Magna, including a different crankshaft, a 5 speed transmission and chain driven cams. Smaller carbs were also utilized. The changes resulted in a stronger mid-range pull, and a very broad band of power.

The design of the 3rd generation Magna remained relatively unchanged over its lifetime. The tank decal was changed in 1995, and a miniature fairing was available on 1995 and 1996 Deluxe models. The only practical way to tell the year of a Magna from a distance is by its paint scheme, but even that is not a given since only a few colours were rotated through use. The most distinctive paint scheme was a "scalloped" design found on mid-late 1990s models.

2004 saw the demise of the Magna, along with other Honda stablemates such as the V-Twin Shadow ACE and Shadow Spirit, as well as the 6-cylinder Valkyrie. All these bikes have a strong following in their respective categories, and their current owners are saddened at the huge loss. However, just as the Magna was discontinued for a number of years between the 2nd and 3rd generations, there is a possibility that a 4th generation is waiting in the wings that would satisfy enthusiasts' desires. This would include dual-disc brakes up front and a single in the rear, extended range between refueling stops, a better stock seat, and upgraded styling[citation needed]. It has been suggested that the current iteration of the VFR800 with VTEC would make an ideal candidate, while other adherents would like to see the return of the V65 in Magna guise[citation needed].

Specifications:

Engine Type: 748 cc liquid-cooled 90° V-4
        Bore and Stroke: 70 by 48.6 mm
        Compression Ratio: 10.8:1
        MAX POWER[PS/rpm]: 72 PS / 9500 rpm
        Valve Train: DOHC; 4 valves per cylinder
        Carburetion: Four 34 mm CV
        Ignition: Solid-state digital
        Transmission: 5-speed
        Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
        Front Suspension: 41 mm cartridge fork; 150 mm? travel
        Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with 5-way spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches (100 mm) travel
        Front Brake: 2-piston caliper, 12.4 in (315 mm) disc
        Rear Brake: Single-leading-shoe drum
        Front Tire: 120/80-17 tubeless
        Rear Tire: 150/80-15 tubeless
        Wheelbase: 65.0 inches (1.65 m)
        Rake/trail: 32°/5.2 in (132 mm)
        Seat Height: 28.0 inches (711 mm)
        Dry Weight: 505 pounds (229 kg)
        Wet weight: 539 lb (244 kg)
        Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gallons (13.62 litres), including 0.8 gallon reserve
        Oil Capacity: 3.3 Quarts (3.1 Liters)
        Quarter mile (402 m) acceleration: 12.71 s, 102.9 mph (165.6 km/h)
        200 yard (183 m) top-gear acceleration from 50 mph (80 km/h), terminal speed: 73.0 mph (117 km/h)
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

The early Honda V4's both the V45 750 and the V65 1100 had camshaft problems. It was a very poor design and Honda should have been forced to recall them all and replace the cylinder heads. Instead they patched them up to get them out of warranty then they were the owners problem. For a long time every bike shop knew better than to take a Honda V4 in trade.

The exception was the VFR series where Honda proved they knew how to fix the problem on the rest of the bikes but wouldn't.

It goes back to the old saying, never buy the first year model of anything. It goes double with a Honda...

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X