Why I am a dork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I am a dork.

After reading about Ivan's mishap and the comments in it, it got me thinking about really stupid things I've done on my bikes in the past. Things like, the ONE time I rode in shorts and after a ride thought how cool I would look smoking a cigarette on the side stand. So stop the bike, throw it over on the stand, hot pipes...ouch. Still have that scar.
    The one that probably sticks out the most is when I was on my newly rebuilt and repainted VTZ250 and my buddy asks me if I can do a wheelie. So I tell him " No wheelies, but I can lay a patch about 50 feet long!" Hell, it's only a 250, right? So, I rap this thing up to about 7000RPM (redline is 13,500) and let go of the clutch, both feet on the ground. I slide around like I am on ice for about 12 feet and 1/2 second, hit a "tar snake" and down she goes. Me, half underneath the bike with the throttle twisted full boar. Ended up with a major road rash from wrist to elbow and a hell of an indian rub on my leg from where the back tire was spinning on my jeans. I've become more careful over the years, not nessecarily smarter, but definitely more careful.
    Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
    while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Why I am a dork.
    Now tell us all the other reasons that aren't bike related.

(Sorry, but I couldn't pass that up)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Well...there was this one time in band camp...

while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Dork

No No No....not what you did with it ,why you resemble it !!!!
        Doug Mitchell
        82 XJ1100 sold
        2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
        2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
        1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
        47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Hey,

If there weren't any dorks, there would be nothing to compare us cool, smart people with! Hooray for the dorks!

Comment

Why, not how

Hi Barberad,
            these are all fine examples of HOW you demonstrated your dork powers but I see not one word about WHY you are a dork.
            Born that way?
            Raised that way?
            Dropped on head as a child?
            Trying for Darwin Award?
            We need to know so we can watch for it in ourselves and in our offspring.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I think it all started when I enlisted in the N.A.V.Y. (Never Again Volunteer Yourself)

Comment

I snorted salt one time.

It wasn't as fun as it sounds.

I am a dork because..... damnit does there have to be a reason?
                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                X