I really love this bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really love this bike...

So, today was the poker run for the Humane Society in Wichita.

My bud was riding with me on his 81 CB750C and I had my son on the back of my XS.

We were cruising down west street playing it cool, when this obnoxious guy on a hard tail chopper with straight pipes and a fat rear tread starts jerking us around. You know the type, trying to show us how cool we aren't cause we don't ride a pig...er is that hog?

Anyway...

My bud don't like to put extra dust on his chrome so he lets me have lead and we are at a stop light, and the hog rider blasts away trying to show me up. Ok, says I and I shout to my son, hold on TIGHT.

Next light I play it easy, acting like I am ignoring his turrets syndrome expressed with his right wrist. The light turns and he is on it. I roll into it easy, letting him get ahead by a length or so, then I roll in the power nice and smooth like. He hears me and slams his wrist down and ducks. (that makes you faster you know!) By this time I am beside him. My son has the nerve to wave at him. His straight pipes and thermo tec wrap are just announcing how you can be loud AND slow.

Then I rolled in the final half of my throttle and hit third gear. . . . . . .

XS 1.
    RUB none, nada, zilch.

It was a good day.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Today I had a guy on a Hurley pull up next to me and harass me. He didn't like the way I accelerated on the on ramp to the highway. He said he was a cop and bla bla bla, yet he had no helmet or any kind of gear on, I did. And he kept swerving toward me acting like he wanted to hit me. I just said "your a cop and you want to kill me?" Seems like a good reason to kill someone and yourself over! So I just left him behind. There was a couple on a Goldwing the next lane over that saw the whole thing and were like "what the hell!" And he called me a dumb azz!
    http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Many years ago I rounded a corner on my 350 Yamaha only to find a hard tail chopper right in front of me.

It's amazing that he saw me in his nickel sized rear view mirror but he grabbed a fist full of throttle and I was just able to hear the engine bark as I zipped around him like he was standing still. I left him in a glorious cloud of 2 stroke smoke...

It's probably a good thing that I made it through the next traffic light and he didn't...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

He said he was a cop and bla bla bla
        Man that one really burns my sack. An off duty officer is not an officer.

My favorite response to those comments is "Shut yer piehole or I'm calling the REAL police."

FWIW, dont ever say that to a real policeman.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

That cracks me up, I have always wondered what could you do if you were being harassed by a local or county cop, call the state cops? hehhe.. (what am I saying Ive been harassed by every cop that has ever had contact with me , I dont "look" right for them I guess oh well. ) These days I just ask em right away if I can get out and have em search my car so we can save time. Only when I was 16 did I get a few speeding tickets (not big ones) and from then on nothing in my whole life, so obviously all those other times getting pulled over were for nothing but the fact, they see someone with long hair and your automatically some kind of criminal. Then as Im driving away I get so pissed off, Id like to go to his house and have him and his family come out of the house while I search around and decide what I like or dont like about them and the way they live. See now I'm all worked up, gonna be pissed off all day.
          XS1100 F/G (79 Bike/80 Motor)
          Grab a tetanus shot and jump on!!!

Comment

I stayed straight as he kept swerving towards me. I figured since I had full face helmet, jacket with ce armor, jeans and steel toed leather boots, he would be the one who would be getting really hurt. And I haven't had a ticket in about 9 years, pretty good since I drive about 30k to 35k a year.
            http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

I've always wnated to say "you'll never take me alive copper" but preferably in a situation that wouldn't actually get me shot - that would have been ideal
              Si Parker
              '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

In Japan you allowed head of the line privileges when on a motorcycle. So one time I'm cutting thru stopped traffic and come along side a "Fat Boy" right as the light changes, so I speed away on my KLR250 duel sport. The harley guy follows my at the next turn and comes along side at the next light. I look over and say "nice bike" but testosterone man starts raging and yells "You didn't want to race, did you?" So I'm looking at this Dork while I'm on my like thirty Hp dirt bike. I say "Ya right, me on my little 250 vs your 1200" the light changes and this idiot goes sideways all over the road and away he goes. I see something fly off his bike, so I stop and pick up his broken $50 maltese cross mirror. On the following monday I bring the broken part to work and give to testosterone boy. He didn't recognize me in a full face MX helmet with goggles.
                Didn't know that Harley's come stock with a testosterone generator.
                Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
                Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
                while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Working...
                X