Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Prayers For The Neals

Hey All,

For those of you who know Russ Neal (rneal55555) from CT, his wife Cathy was seriously injured in an accident and is in the hospital as we speak.

The details I have are sketchy, I don't know what happened, but what I have heard is she suffered a severely broken ankle requiring a number of surgeries and possible injuries to her liver and other internal organs.

Please find a moment to join me in a prayer for Cathy's healing and support for Russ!

Thank you all!
    BobE
    Richmond, RI
    1980 XS1100G - "The Old Coot"

PREVIOUS RIDES
    2005 Venture, 1993 Venture, 1983 Venture
    1978 Gold Wing, 1983 Gold Wing
    1975 CB500T, 1983 Husqvarna 250WR
    1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5
    1981 CB900F, 1965 C200 (Honda 90)
    1968 Powell Challenger (Hairy-Chested Mini-bike)

Oh my God! Bob!
    If you talk to Russ, please tell him that I am praying for them!
    Too many accident's in one week! It's not right!
    80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
    79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

Ahoy Chief

That is such horrible news to hear. Kat and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Russ, our thoughts and prayers are with you both. You and I only just met a little while ago, but as I wrote elsewhere, consider us part of your extended family and our support, although from afar, is no less real and heartfelt.

Bob, please keep us informed as to Cathy's progress.

Comment

I've only met Russ briefly at Mystic back in Aug...so while i dont know you all that well. I nonetheless offer my prayers and wishes for Cathy's speedy and full recovery.Its always un-nerving to learn that someone you know has gone down and is in the hosp.
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Here's The Latest From Russ As Posted On The Venturers Site...

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I'll print them out and take them up to the hospital.

As Harvey said she's doing pretty well the internal injuries seem to be taking care of themselves. They have let her start eating real food today which means they're fairly confident that surgery for any of those is not going to be required.

Both of her ankles have fractures the left one is very minor, the right one is pretty bad she has had one surgery already mostly just to clean things up to make sure there's no place for infection to start and to get things back pretty much where they belong. Some time next week after the swelling goes down some they have to go back in and reconstruct the ankle. The Dr says it will probably never be like it was and she will most likely have arthritis in it but that she should be able to walk. She will be off of it for at least 3 months.

All in all I feel pretty blessed that her injuries weren't any worse than they were Thank God for airbags and seat belts. THEY WORK. It was a head on collision between our Jeep and a Ford Taurus both of them had their seat belts on and the airbags deployed it saved both of their lives.

We appreciate all of your Venturers Prayers, but please say a few for the driver of the other vehicle his injuries at the scene at least seemed worse than Cathy's the Trooper said when he drove up he thought the other driver had to be a fatality, so he is in need of some prayers too.

[Posted on Saturday]
            Just got home from the Hospital, They have moved her to a regular room and the follow up surgery for her ankle is scheduled for Monday.
            BobE
            Richmond, RI

PREVIOUS RIDES
            1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5

Comment

Re: Here's The Latest From Russ As Posted On The Venturers Site...

[i]

Both of her ankles have fractures the left one is very minor, the right one is pretty bad she has had one surgery already mostly just to clean things up to make sure there's no place for infection to start and to get things back pretty much where they belong. Some time next week after the swelling goes down some they have to go back in and reconstruct the ankle. The Dr says it will probably never be like it was and she will most likely have arthritis in it but that she should be able to walk. She will be off of it for at least 3 months.

[/B]
              Bob,

Please pass on my thoughts and wishes for a complete recovery for Russ and his wife.

I have a little experience with a broken ankle (1 year ago this week) among other things and what the Dr. says is true. Two broken ankles will be a challenge for her.

Thank God it was not worse.

Russ Nuthmann

Comment

Consider my thoughts and prayers with all involved, I truly hope everyone comes out alright. May the good lord bless and keep them in their time of trouble. have a nice day and ride safe.
                I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

My family will have all the families involved in our thoughts and prayers.

Ozz
                  Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
                  Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
                  Pod Filters
                  DynoJet Kit
                  T.C.'s Fuse Block
                  Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
                  Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
                  V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

It's always a bummer to hear about a injured biker. I do hope everything goes as well as can be expected. tell me .. was she wearing high hard riding boots? Just curious.
                    Rob
                    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                    1978 XS500E
                    1979 XS1100F Restored
                    1980 XS1100 SG
                    1981 Suzuki GS1100
                    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

7911F...

She was involved in a head-on collision in her Jeep with a Ford Taurus.

BTW, she does ride, she has a Honda Rebel. Don't know as she'll be able to do that anymore.

Latest is her surgery has been delayed at least until Wed to allow the swelling to go down some.
                      BobE
                      Richmond, RI

PREVIOUS RIDES
                      1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5

Comment

Originally posted by BobE
                        7911F...

She was involved in a head-on collision in her Jeep with a Ford Taurus.

BTW, she does ride, she has a Honda Rebel. Don't know as she'll be able to do that anymore.

Latest is her surgery has been delayed at least until Wed to allow the swelling to go down some.
                        Sorry .. I didn't read the whole thread and figured with ankles involved it was a biking mishap.
                        I do in any case hope that everything goes as well as can be expected.
                        Rob
                        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                        1978 XS500E
                        1979 XS1100F Restored
                        1980 XS1100 SG
                        1981 Suzuki GS1100
                        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey All...

The latest from Russ about Cathy....
                          ----------------------------------------------

Cathy had the surgery on her ankle today, Dr said it went well, she'll be off of it (no weight bearing for 3 months) but that he doesn't see a reason to do another surgery after this one. She still has some hardware to get removed but that could probably be done in an office visit.

I think she'll be coming home Fri or Sat. There was some talk of having her spend a few days in a rehab center but they seem to think now she is getting around well enough when they have her out of bed that it probably won't be necessary.

So I guess I'm gonna have to get the house clean.
                          BobE
                          Richmond, RI

PREVIOUS RIDES
                          1981 XL500, 1975 CB750K5

Comment

Working...
                          X